San Francisco

A/N: This is a story idea by @WiredRidal, an imagine based on the song "San Francisco" By Niall Horan. This is where the inspiration of trying to rekindle a relationship comes from. Thank you to WiredRidald for the idea<3 and go check out the song, if you don't already know it, it's a very beautiful song!

Hope you guys enjoy the short story!

---------------

Y/N's car pulled up out front of a luxurious two story house in Portrero Hills, a fancy neighbourhood in San Francisco. That house belonged to Ariana.

She felt good about being back here as it was a place dear to her heart and filled with memories she forever cherished. However, it was also the exact same reason as to why she felt so sad.

She stopped the engine and looked at the house in the quiet neighbourhood. It was on the later side of the evening. Therefore, there was not a lot of people walking around who would find it suspicious to see someone sitting in their car, trying to see any form of movement from inside a house.

The last few months had been rough for her. No doubt it had been even worse for Ariana.

Y/N sighed as she thought about how everything had unfolded, as the rain was hitting the car's windscreen very heavily.

She knew she would be soaked by the time she got to the front door but she needed to do this.

She sighed once again, knowing that it was now or never to try and sort things out with the girl she could only now just admit, loved.

The rain was quick to soak through her t-shirt and a little through her blue jeans. Luckily she was dressed in a black shirt so she would not have to worry about the see-through look by the time she reached the door.

She made her way up the porch's steps and rang the doorbell. Y/N felt her heart beating right out of her chest with every second she waited for Ariana to answer to answer the door. She rang a second time. And, stupidly, a third time less than 10 seconds after the second one.

"Yeah, okay I'm coming. Sheesh." She heard a very annoyed voice from behind the door.

Y/N cursed at herself, strongly believing she had made her situation ten times worse by acting so impatient and taking it out on the doorbell.

When the door open, Ariana thought she was dreaming.

It took her a few minutes to kick-start her brain again to carry out basic functions. The first priority of her brain was to release the breath she found herself holding. The second was to speak.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, coldly.

She felt a sting in her heart at the sight of the girl in front of her and with good reasons too.

Their friendship started with being introduced to each other by some mutual friends at a birthday party thrown for Victoria.

At first, they hadn't really hit it off very well; Ariana thought Y/N was too arrogant and Y/N thought Ariana was too much of a diva. This made both of them swear to themselves that they would want nothing to do with the other after that party.

It was fate which brought them together a second time a few weeks later.

Ariana had decided that shopping was going to be the perfect therapy and help her get over the difficult months she had gone through. Downtown LA was no doubt the place she needed to be in order to satisfy her shopping needs.

She misjudged the amount of tabloids which were lurking around her, ready to snap pictures and label headlines on magazines.
She quickly became swarmed by a group of them. Unfortunately, or fortunately, she once told Y/N, she had also decided to go alone. The girl had been powerless fighting through the crowd which huddled around her.

Y/N had seen a group of people gathering around someone and flashing lights. She had been on her break enjoying a bagel from a shop around the corner of her work place.
She knew that whoever was under that crowd had no way of getting out.

Ariana clearly remembered a very determined Y/N making her way towards the crowd, she pushed a couple of people aside indicating to back off. The tabloids listened but kept on snapping pictures from afar.

Ariana had been extremely grateful for Y/N that day, clearly seeing she had misjudged her. Y/N thought exactly the same, feeling sympathy as well that Ariana could not lead a normal life without it going through the lens of a microscope.

As their friendship developed, Ariana's feelings towards Y/Ns did as well. They quickly found each other spending more evenings together, more overnight stays, random and unplanned sudden holidays together, especially in the house which Ariana was in at the moment.