Groceries

ARIANA POV

"Babe? Did you put this in the shopping bag?" I asked Y/N, holding a pack of Oreos up to her, as she was inspecting very thoroughly some strawberry jam from the store's shelves across from me.

"Maybe." She said turning around and seeing the Oreos. She smiled coyly before turning her attention to the jam again, which she was still holding.

"Fine, then if you pick junk food for yourself, I'll pick some junk food for me too." I said to her as she turned back around to face me and nod at my comment.

I went over to the chips aisle and grabbed some sour cream and onion Pringles, before heading back to the shopping trolley. Y/N was making her way down the shopping aisle where I had previously left her.

She had both feet on the trolley and she was now slowly rolling down letting out a little scream in amusement.

"You're such a child, I swear." I teased her as she put both her feet back on the ground, slowing the trolley down as it was reaching me.

"You still love me though." She said laughing.

"Unfortunately I do." She playfully rolled her eyes at my comment, before walking passed me and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You know I can't resist these." She said picking up the Pringles I had placed in the shopping trolley.

"Well tough because these are mine, get your own." I said snatching away the can that she was holding in her hand and placing it in an occupied corner of the shopping trolley.

Without saying anything, she left me with the trolley and made her way to where I had just come back from. A few seconds later, I see her turn the corner with the same can of Pringle in her hand. She rolled her eyes at me again while she placed the Pringle's can in a different corner, away from mine.

"That's not fair. You get Oreos and Pringles?" I acted like a child at her getting more junk food then me.

"What can I say. I'm superior." She said, playfully boasting and laughed.

"I'm not having this." I challenged her and turned around making my way back to the junk food aisle.

I found all sorts that I wanted to have. Buttered popcorn, Cheetos, Dorritos, I grabbed a bunch of those and walked back to the trolley.

Y/N must have been curious because I nearly bumped into her at the end of the aisle.

"Ari, what the actual fuck. You're not going to eat all of that." She exclaimed in surprise at my 4 additional junk food choices.

"I am, 'cause I'm superior." I used her own words against her.

"Oh yeah?" I saw her stomp over to the chips and grab more packs than I did, before placing it in the trolley.

This went on until we reached the end of the aisle, with no other desire of any more chips, popcorn, chocolate and so on.

Both being so equally stubborn, neither of us admitted that we went a bit overboard. We instead went to pay for all this at the cashier.

The total amount had surpassed everything that we were actually projecting and when we put everything into shopping bags, Y/N suddenly spoke out.

"We really need to stop making everything a competition you know that?" She laughed holding three of them as she only gave me one to hold.

I nodded in agreement before stopping in my tracks. Y/N, confused, also stopped and looked at me.

"Babe, we forgot to actually get the rest of the food on our shopping list."