Wattpad

A/N: Surprise! Another update because I have internet and you guys have waited long enough for updates with my stories! I don't, however, have time to proofread so sorry for the mistakes!

This idea was suggested by @Universewithyou. Thank you for letting me use your idea and get inspired by it - as always, show her some love for her idea!<3

-----------

"Ari, come and look at this quickly." Courtney made the request to her best friend who was, up until now, sitting peacefully scrolling through her Twitter feed.

She rolled her eyes at Courtney, having been told to 'come and look at this quickly' at least 3 times in the past 2 hours.

She lazily and slowly got up to meet Courtney sat in the couch in front of her. They had done nothing particularly interesting today, but they didn't need to to have a good time.

As Ariana approached her, Courtney started to explain what she was about to show her.

"So I've signed up to this thing called 'Wattpad' – it's like a fanfiction site." She started explaining.

At the mention of 'Fanfiction' Ariana knew where this was going. Doug had showed fanfictions, Victoria had shown her fanfictions and she saw them as nothing more than disrespectful, false and crude views of the person she was, with no respect for her privacy. She generally gave them no time of day.

So when Courtney mentioned that horrible word, Ariana was quick to turn her heels and go back to what she was doing.

"No, seriously. Come back here, I know how you feel about these but this one is actually kinda good." Courtney encourage the petite singer to come back and give it a try.

Courtney had the advantage to be hard to say no to, so Ariana could only sigh as she backtracked and sat down on the couch next to her.

She saw the computer screen with a window open which had a picture of her as the header.

"Court, I really don't like this already." The older girl replied as she pulled out her phone again, more interested in Instagram stories than these stories.

She knew that some dedicated fans would write their own stories and imagine themselves or other celebrity with her, but it just got so much sometimes, despite her seeing it, in a very slight way, as a form of flattery. It was still out of line.

Courtney read the first few lines out loud and Ariana cringed inside. She was half listening, half trying to think about what she was going to do next weekend, but as Courtney continued reading, she found herself more drawn to the narration of the story.

This author's style was different. It was less forced, written in rather decent English with few grammatical error and the descriptions were more emotional rather than physical.

She secretly kept listening while pretending to look at her phone, so that Courtney could not have the "I told you so" attitude. Courtney read a more emotional passage and Ariana found herself more and more drawn by the story, if this was still possible at this point, and actually truly felt the emotions that were being described at this fake scenario.

Suddenly, Courtney stopped reading and Ariana's head popped up in surprise, anticipating more.

"You're not even listening, so what's the point in me reading?" Courtney said annoyed. Ariana was glad that her pretending worked, but sad that she couldn't hear more of the story. 

Courtney threw her phone on the side of the couch, and frustratedly, got up the couch and made her way to the bathroom. 

Ariana was quick to look at her best friend's phone and click to see the title of the story and who wrote it. The author's username showed as "Y/U/N" (Your username)