Honorable Discharge

A/N: This idea was given to me by @yaplaygirl - Thank you!!<3

-----------------

Y/N stood waiting in front of her Sergeant's office, wearing her recently pressed military fatigues. The Sergeant's secretary was typing away and it was the only noise that she could hear at this precise the moment, in this waiting room.

The heat was weighing down on Y/N, as she felt a bead of sweat running down her forehead. Camp Justice in Oman, where she was currently stationed, wasn't all that bad. She had it easy compared to her other colleagues who were not so fortunate being stationed in Afghanistan and faced daily risks.

"Specialist Y/L/N – Sergeant Major Morgan is ready to see you." The secretary called out, snapping Y/N out of her trance and nodding her head, indicating that she understood.

She knocked at the door, waiting for the Sergeant Major to give his approval for her coming in.

"Come in Specialist Y/L/N." A very deep voice echoed through the heavy wooden door.

Y/N opened the door and with a confident step, walked into the office.

"Good afternoon, Sergeant Major Morgan sir." Y/N politely greeted and saluted her superior. He simply smiled at her saluting motion and indicated for her to sit down in front of him.

She took a seat in silence as he took his seat at his desk, reaching down to the bottom drawer of his desk and pulling out a file out from it.

"What a sad day it is for the whole entire base. I can't believe your 4 years with us has come to and end so fast." He said opening the file and studying it very carefully.

Y/N thought that these 4 years would never end. She loved the army, she dedicated her life to it, but she was happy to go home to see her friends and family;  more specifically to see one little brunette in particular that she had so dearly missed.

"Your time here has truly been impressive. Starting as a private and making your way up so fast to be assigned as a Specialist in Special Forces. You really joined the ranks of the elite we have seen come through this base." He said resuming her career very quickly.

Y/N had specialized in Special Forces, meaning she was trained in close combat, escape training, air operations and shooting, making her and her colleagues one of the most heavily relied on team when it came to very delicate and specific interventions around the country.

Y/N stayed silent as her superior was going through everything. She remained patient, longing to hear the words she knew he was bound to say eventually.

"But now your time has come to leave us." He paused and looked up at her, smiling briefly, before taking out a certificate.

"I have here your Honorable Discharge – you've exceeded the required standards for performance and personal conduct and you have my highest of ratings. What are you going to do with your time now? Are you sure we can't persuade you into staying?" He said as he slid the Honorable Discharge over to Y/N.

"It's going to be a very big change and I will have to adjust into my new lifestyle out of the army. I do need to get back to my family for a little bit, they need me." Y/N explained, not particularly mentioning that it was mostly for having a normal life again and seeing her friends.

"That's absolutely understandable." He smiled. Sergeant Major Morgan had seen a lot of people come and go over his military service, but he never would regret a soldier more than Y/N.

They both spoke some more until he indicated that she should get packing as a plane would leave the next morning to bring her and the others who had been discharged back home safely.