•15•

choi beomgyupark seoyoon•

choi beomgyu
park seoyoon

minjun had followed her outside but the girl had told him to go back. after a while of him trying to apologise, she snapped and tried to get further away from him. eventually, he gave up and left.

it was now evening; no shade of pink remained in the sky. instead, it was replaced by a dark indigo sheet dotted with silvery stars.

seoyoon sat on a bench in the park she had come across and was staring at the ground, not even turning around at the sound of voices.

"you should go back now, kai. i'm feeling better now anyway. i think i should stay out a little longer though. go back and tell soobin i'll be fine and i'll come back soon."

"are you sure?"

"i'm sure, kai. you shouldn't miss practice because of me. i'll only be a little while longer anyway. i know the way back. it's all good. go back, kai. i have my phone too."

beomgyu's eyes kept drifting to a certain spot behind kai. and the slightly taller member noticed. he raised an eyebrow and turned to follow the other boy's gaze.

"alright. i see now. i'll go back."

beomgyu rolled his eyes once he had seen the smirk on his younger member's face.

"don't - "

"i won't tell soobin. just don't mess up. you look like you'll mess up."

"shut up, kai. just go back to the studio. i'll be a while."

"maybe less than that. given that it'll be a disa - "

"kai! go."

the younger boy only laughed as beomgyu glared at him.

"good luck!"

he called out before turning and heading back to rejoin the other members.

it was getting cold now. seoyoon shivered and took her phone out of her bag. after checking the time, she stood up from the bench and started walking out of the park.

the boy, with hair the same shade as hers, had started to approach her. too busy on her phone, she didn't notice him, nor did she take into account her surroundings.

"watch out!"

a hand suddenly grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the street just as a car sped by.

a puff of air escaped her mouth as she realised what had just happened.

"thanks."

seoyoon turned to look at the stranger who was still holding onto her arm. upon seeing his face, she realised that he, in fact, wasn't a stranger.

"ah. choi beomgyu. thank you." she nodded her head at him in thanks, and beomgyu let go of her arm. "i guess you've paid me back now, huh?"

the boy raised an eyebrow.

"what?"

tilting her head slightly, seoyoon's eyes widened in realisation.

"oh. you probably didn't recognise me."

"no. i recognise you. you're park seoyoon. i've watched all your dramas and i heard that you like our band, so i assume you watched the live? i mentioned you."

"no, no. i did watch the live, but i'm not talking about that. just slightly more than a year ago. in daegu. i doubt you even saw my face. sorry, i didn't get a chance to talk to you then. but it was me."

lips parted slightly, a small gasp escaped beomgyu's mouth.

"it was you? you pulled me away from that car? oh! that's what you meant by paying you back."

"yeah."

seoyoon laughed which made something feel funny in beomgyu's stomach as he watched her. the way her eyes formed crescents and the small dimple on her left cheek showed up. it made beomgyu smile too.

a ping sounded, cutting the moment short. seoyoon looked down at her phone screen and frowned.

"i have to go. thank you for pulling me out of the street. and i'm looking forward to your comeback, choi beomgyu!"

the girl's dark red hair bounced as she turned around and hurried off.

"um...wait!"

seoyoon couldn't hear him. fingers going to rub at the nape of his neck, beomgyu stood alone on the side of the street.