•18•

choi beomgyupark seoyoon•a couple of months later

choi beomgyu
park seoyoon

a couple of months later

"sorry, seoyoon. the shooting for the next drama that you're set to act in, it was delayed again. you've still got some time off."

"ok. no worries. thank you, ren."

"i've tried finding you something else but..."

"it's ok, ren. thanks anyway. speak soon."

as the girl was about to end the call, her agent interrupted her.

"wait! how was daegu? i'm sorry that your time with your family was cut short."

ren was not only seoyoon's agent. the two were very close friends.

from visiting her family in daegu, she had just gotten back to seoul.

"it was great to see them again. and, technically, my time wasn't cut short because i was planning to come back to seoul anyway. i finally got to see my sister."

"oooh. how is hyerin, by the way?"

seoyoon laughed lightly.

"she's great! she's into archery. she actually dragged me along for one of her lessons. and i ended up enjoying it so much that i took the beginner's course."

"oh! if you're into archery, i have a friend who's an instructor. if you have nothing in your calendar for now, i can sign you up for some sessions? unless you want to go back to daegu."

she shook her head but then realised that ren couldn't see her.

"no. it's ok. they might move the shooting up without warning so it's better if i stay in seoul until the date is confirmed. so i'd love to take some sessions."

"ok, great! i'll let you know when you can. speak soon, seoyoon."

"bye, ren. thanks again."

after dropping her phone onto her bed, seoyoon grabbed the hair dye she had purchased recently and went to the bathroom.

she eyed the dark red locks atop her head and for the nth time these past months, seoyoon's thoughts drifted to the boy who had pulled her away from danger that day.

that was the last time she had spoken to him. it wasn't as if they were actually close but seoyoon had, albeit briefly, met beomgyu before his debut and then followed his group's progress.

and the girl knew that beomgyu had watched a lot of things that she had starred in. and his comment on that vlive with soobin more than a while ago was something seoyoon wouldn't forget.

seoyoon wanted to speak to him somehow but she had been in daegu with her family for a while and both his and her schedules were most definitely packed.

and, of course, the most important factor was that neither of them had the other's phone numbers.

crushes were supposed to be a trivial thing and the last time seoyoon had had one, the guy played her with a line that he's probably used on who knows how many other girls.

but this didn't feel like just a crush to her.

choi beomgyu was stuck in park seoyoon's head and she couldn't get him out of it.

meanwhile, the star who was consuming her every waking thought had buried himself in his group's events.

every time he thought of that day, he mentally shook himself to try to bring himself back to reality.

it had been a couple of months since their extremely brief encounter. even though it was an ephemeral moment, it did mean something to beomgyu. but he had been driving himself crazy thinking about how seoyoon felt so he resorted to focusing on work.

"we're done with promotions and our tour too - "

"does that mean we get a break?"

"well, kai. if you'd let me finish, i was going to say yes. but manager wants us to go to this sports event with some other new-ish groups to get more exposure and it'll be good to make more connections."

the leader of their group looked at each of his members' faces in turn.

if anyone was against the idea, it didn't show. none of the members were wearing an expression that indicated to soobin that they hated the idea.

...

except for kai.

not only did he have a look of disgust on his face, but it was also evident through the fact that he let out the longest groan ever.

taehyun rolled his eyes.

"it's only one sporting event, kai. we still have quite some time off after it. so we'll all just do it. because, as soobin said, it's good to make connections with others and it'll be a good way for more people to learn about our group."

blowing his hair out of his eyes, kai looked away from everyone but nodded.

beomgyu stepped closer to their youngest member and ruffled his hair before linking their arms together.

"it's alright, kai. cheer up! it'll be fun. after we're assigned to different sports, all we have to do is practice them for the event and then after that we'll have a break. ok?"

"alright."