•22•

choi beomgyupark seoyoon•

choi beomgyu
park seoyoon

a small cupcake box held firmly in his hands, beomgyu made his way down the empty street towards the park where he had first had a proper conversation with seoyoon.

upon reaching the spot that they had agreed to meet up at, he noticed a person sitting on a bench wearing a long, maroon coat and a black beanie.

he smiled as he hurried closer, wanting to surprise her.

coming from behind the bench, he gently tapped the person on their right shoulder before quickly walking around and sitting on their left side.

she jumped when she turned around to see the boy sitting right next to her.

"jeez! ...why?"

the corners of his eyes crinkled as the blond let out a soft laugh.

"you're really cute. and ah! sorry i was a little late. i was getting..."

he lifted up the small, light pink box but cut himself off when he saw a similar box in seoyoon's hands.

"cupcakes?"

"yeah. ren told me that i had to take something."

"yeonjun told me the same."

the girl could barely see the face of the boy sitting next to her because of both the baseball cap and the mask, but the little part of his eyes that she could see filled her with warmth.

seoyoon found herself smiling even if she couldn't really observe the boy's face.

"you're really cute too. i wish i could see you properly."

she replied to his earlier compliment and, let's just say that the both of them were glad that they were wearing masks.

"me too. great time to have brightly coloured hair, right?"

the actress laughed a little and beomgyu loved the sound. he wanted to always keep her laughing.

they both looked down at the identical cupcake boxes that they were holding.

"we might get caught if we take our masks off to eat these."

"i'm not even supposed to be eating these. soobin gave me cash so that the purchase doesn't show up on the company account."

"oh. soobin knows?"

"yeah. i don't know why i thought i could hide it from him. he was just really worried about our manager finding out."

"well...he is right."

after hearing that, beomgyu tilted his head slightly.

"what?"

"gyu. if we get caught, there'll be a lot of backlash. you're part of a relatively new group and you're not allowed to date. and after it was revealed that minjun had been dating a model for the past two years, the rumours that were going on between me and him had a whole different meaning. i..."

the boy turned away and seoyoon felt a pang in her chest.

"sorry...i just. i just got caught up in everything. i'm sorry, gyu. i didn't mean to ruin this."

when beomgyu didn't turn back to face her, seoyoon brought her bottom lip between her teeth and looked down at the gap between them on the bench.

after a minute or two of silence, beomgyu shuffled closer to the girl.

placing the small cupcake box on the bench beside him, the blond took the duplicate of the box out of seoyoon's hands.

and he held her hands in his instead.

"i'm sorry. i guess i'm just frustrated that both you and soobin are right. but, seoyoon. this can work. we can make it work. we just don't get caught."

she smiled slightly before squeezing the boy's hands gently. looking up, she was met with his dark brown eyes, half of which were covered by the shadow cast by the blond's cap.

tilting her head slightly, seoyoon caught sight of something a little ways behind beomgyu.

"there's a willow tree over there. it's a little far but don't you think it'll act as a great cover?"

he followed her line of sight to see the tree with large flowing branches and leaves that almost touched the ground.

"it's perfect. but," he said, as he turned back to face her. "we won't really be able to see this properly from there."

he gestured to the night sky. the pitch black sky which was devoid of clouds and instead full of several twinkling stars.

"we'll walk slowly then?"

getting up from the bench, seoyoon held out a hand and waited. as he looked at it, beomgyu smiled and then took it.

not releasing their clasped hands, they began walking through the park towards the willow tree.

there was no noise but the sounds of leaves rustling in the wind and the occasional distant barking of dogs which broke the silence.

they found that as they walked, they didn't need to speak to each other; falling into a comfortable silence as they observed the view.

well, seoyoon was observing the view. beomgyu may have been observing something else.

rather, someone.