Chapter Two: ???

("Chapter One: Human Girl" happened 3 months ago.)

Skye's POV: Thursday morning

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I turned to my side and grabbed my phone from my nightstand. It's 5:00 am. I groaned laying on my back. I hate waking up early. I'm more of a night owl than an early bird. But waking up early gives me time to eat breakfast before having to take my medicine. Your girl has depression and anxiety so..I have to take drugs every morning just to feel sane. I mean, I'm not actually insane, but sometimes people who deal with these mental illnesses like I do, feel insane. I slowly sat up and saw Angie was already standing on the side of her cage, waiting for her breakfast.

Angie is my guinea pig. I got her around 3 years ago at a pet store. She's a cute little girl. She has white fur on her face, and the rest of her is brown mixed with black. I got up from my comfy bed and walked over to her cage. I didn't want to put her in a normal small cage that most people use, I wanted her to have space to run around when I didn't have her out. So I took C and C grids from amazon, and made her a 2 by 4ft cage. "Goodmorning," I whispered, kneeling down. She started running around excited as I was filling her bowl. "There you go," I said standing back up.

After I fed her, it was time to water my plants. I used to be terrible at keeping any plant alive. I always forgot to water them. But now I've managed to keep 6 plants alive and thriving. This makes me feel like a nurturing person, taking care of pets and plants, it makes me happy. "Now I can eat," I whispered to myself. I wasn't too hungry this morning, so I just had a yogurt. "Shit, I forgot my juice," I cursed having to get back up from my bed. I put my medicine in juice for it to dissolve so I can take it. Because I'm a bitch when it comes to taking pills. Don't judge, everyone is a bitch about something. Now having got a cup of juice, I plopped my pill in it and finished my yogurt.

"What should I wear today Angie?" I asked knowing that she couldn't answer. I looked at the weather app on my phone. It's already 70 out. "Welp, looks like it's gonna be a hot one today. Shorts and a tank top it is," I said getting up. I work in an office and everyone is like family there, so there isn't really a dress code. Which is nice. I put on dark jean short-shorts and a red tank top with a pair of black sneakers. Then I walked over to my body mirror and put mascara and chapstick on. I've gotten a lot more confident with myself after I graduated highschool. Who cares if I have a little bit of acne, it's a normal thing that everyone deals with. So why be ashamed of it. I looked at my figure in the mirror, fixing my evil eye necklace.

*Knock knock knock*

I checked the time on my phone, it's 6:30 am. "Yeah?" I asked opening the door. "Goodmorning, I forgot to tell you last night that the insurance company is sending someone to look at our apartment today. They'll be here around 10:30 this morning, and I need you to stay home to let them in," My mom (Linda) explained. I didn't like this, my social anxiety doesn't like shit like this. "You want me to be home alone with a stranger?" I joked nervously. "You'll be fine Skye, but I need you to do this because I have to open the office and go to a very important meeting. And besides, you're an adult now, you'll have to start doing these types of things on your own."

My mom and I work in the same office. She's actually my boss, sad right? And yes, I'm 18 years old and I'll have to start doing things on my own. It's not that I'm incapable of doing adult things, I just rather avoid the anxiety that comes along with it. "Okay, well at least I get to stay home,"

"Just don't go back to sleep-"

"Mom I won't,"

"Okay, now I have to get going. Text me when they get here, what they say and when they leave," she said, closing my door. "Got it," I said to my closed door. There's no need for me to be dressed if I'm clearly not going anywhere. So back into comfy clothes. I put on gray booty shorts and a loose black tank top. Then I sat on the edge of my bed and drank my drug filled juice. I soon heard the front door slam close, letting me know that my mom had left. My anxiety started to rise a bit, knowing that I'd have to be social while being by myself. "I'll just wash the rest of the dishes and fold my laundry for when this insurance person shows up. Then I'll play video games," I said leaving my room.