Chapter Fifteen: False Escape

Skye's POV;

"Your mother was pregnant with you when she was here. That's how I recongized your scent on the bodies," Alex explained. "Looks like Rose isn't the only one with a human mate," I joked. I covered my mouth, because as far as I knew, he didn't know about Rose and I. "Don't worry, I already knew that too," Alex chuckled. "How?" I asked. "There is only one reason why Rose would disappear and kill hundreds of her own kind. Plus her scent was also all over the bodies," Alex said, trying to adjust himself. "I wonder how people will react when they find out about Rose and I," I said, sitting down. "They already know. I told them when I found out myself. The rebels are supportive of your bond, and they are actually excited to meet their future princess one day," He smiled.

"That's if Rose gets the throne back. I wonder how she's doing right now," I said, a little sad. "She's doing well right now. She found the cabin that us rebels use as a base. I'm sure she's coming up with a plan as we speak,"

"How do you know that when you've been in here the whole time?"

"The guard that has been watching us is a rebel, and he has been keeping me updated,"

"Oh okay. Wait, does Rose even know that I'm here?"

"We have to get out of here and to the cabin with Rose and everyone else," I said quickly. "The guard will help with that. He can get you out of here and point you in the right direction to the cabin,"

"You're not coming?"

"I am not. I will keep Anna busy when she gets back and notices that you're gone. That should give you enough time to get a good distance away from here, so she can't get to you before you find the cabin," Alex explained. "I wish you could come with me. From the looks of it, you've been through enough here," I said sympathetically. "Don't worry about me, I will be just fine. It's nothing I can't handle," he said, his facial expression becoming more serious. Before I could come up with another plan where he could come with me, he whistled for the guard.

"What's the plan?" The guard asked, unlocking the door. "You will get her out of here and point her in the direction of the cabin. And quickly before that bitch comes back," he ordered the guard. "Yes sir," the guard said, removing the chains from me. "Your majesty," he bowed. "Oh please don't do that,"

"I must and will show respect to the future princess,"

"You'll have to get used to it, Skye. It'll be your new normal, now go quickly," Alex pleaded. "I will come back for you," I said with a sad smile. "I know you will," he said before the guard led me out into the hall.

After many left and right turns, we finally made it outside the castle and to the tree line. We had to use the back hallways to not be spotted. "You see the tallest mountain," The guard asked, pointing to it. "Yes," How could you not see it. "At the bottom of that mountain is the cabin, it's a straight shot from here," He explained. "Okay, that's easy,"

"Do you need anything before I leave you, your majesty?"

"No, that'll be it,"

"Well then, good luck," He bowed and went back to the castle. "Okay, looks like I'm on my own for now," I said, walking straight into the woods.

15 minutes later,

I need to take a break, my legs are killing me. I don't remember the last time I had to walk so far. And it's not like I could get lost, you could see the mountain above the trees, that's how tall it is. I found a fallen tree and sat on it. The forest is making me miss my plants and their beauty, and Angie. I hope Zach and Beth are taking good care of her. But most of all I miss Rose, and I can't wait to see her at the cabin. I heard a twig snap behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I stood up and turned quickly, knowing that I was no longer alone. I was afraid that Anna might have found me. But to my surprise it wasn't Anna, it was my mom (Linda). "Mom? What the fuck are you doing here?" I questioned. "I'm here to bring you home,"

"What? No I can't go home right now,"

"I know that things were a bit heated when we last spoke, but it's okay. We can just forget about it and move on,"

"I'm not going home. I have to get back to Rose,"

"I'm sorry honey, but I'm afraid you don't have a choice," She said, throwing a purple marble on the ground and stepping on it. "You can't make me!" I yelled. Before I could turn and run, she grabbed my wrist and pushed me into the portal. Next thing I knew, I was back home in the living room. Sitting on the couch was Ron (Linda's boyfriend) with a serious and scared look on his face. Mom followed behind me soon after. "Are you fucking kidding me! Sit down! You have a lot of explaining to do!" I snapped. 

"I'm happy that you're finally home safe and sound," Mom says sitting on the couch. "You heard what I said, explain," I spat. "Okay okay. I'm sure you know about the vampires now. I was just trying to save you from them,"

"I didn't need you to fucking save me! I know what's going on and I need to get back to my friend-"

"Who, Rose? She's not a friend you want Skye. She's nothing but a bloodthirsty monster! They all are-"

"You're wrong! They're like us! There are good people and bad people,"

"They're not 'people'! You think you know everything but you don't,"

"I know a lot more than you. So fucking try me. How about you tell me about the time you spent there when you were pregnant with me,"

"Your father and I were on a camping trip and we got lost. They tricked us by saying that they'd help us. But in reality, we were going to become their food. So we escaped and your father killed the King and Queen in defense with black rose oil. We made it out and that's it,"

"You are so fucking pathetic! You and I both know that you didn't see them as monsters! In fact, one of them is your mate!" I screamed. The anger was starting to become a bit much. "Ron," Linda shouted. "I'm on it," He said, waving his hand in the air. Seconds later, I found myself chained to my bed. "Are you fucking kidding me. Not only am I chained up once again, but apparently Ron is some sort of fucking witch," I said to myself.

I could hear Mom and Ron's conversation from the living room. Which is strange because normally my hearing sucks. "Her eyes went red, this isn't good," Mom said. "I saw. She has gone too long without black rose oil in her system," Ron said. What do they mean my eyes are red? It's literally impossible-

My train of thought stopped when I looked at my reflection in my body mirror, and saw that my eyes are definitely bright red. "Holy shit," I said to myself. This isn't happening. How? Things started clicking in my head. Earlier the bruise on my cheek had healed within minutes, my eyes were bright red, and I can actually hear Mom and Ron's conversation from across the apartment. Why am I experiencing vampiric things? "Is it possible that when I was bitten, I was turned?" I asked myself, looking at my forearm. If so, then why haven't I craved blood? And what does Ron mean that I've gone too long without black rose oil? Many questions swarmed my head.

Maybe, if it's like the movies and shit, I can make Mom tell me everything. Using the whole persuasion thing. Even if I can't, I'm going to try the next time I see her. 

----------

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy "My Rose". This is my second story, my first is called "Skye and her Alpha". All story characters are mine, and yes I use myself as one of the main characters as it is easier for me to write that way. I normally update every other day, but right now I'm in the middle of moving. But I will try my best to keep up with the schedule. I already have chapters just waiting to be published!

Please comment on anything good or bad, and make sure to vote! This lets me know if you are enjoying my story! Thank you!