Chapter Eight: Tease

Skye's POV; Sunday night

"I think we should use the fire pit tonight, and have some smores," I said, grabbing Angie from Zach's lap. "Aw man, of course you're gonna take her when she finally starts to like me. Can she come outside with us?" Zach asked. Angie had only tried to bite him three times. "No, I don't want her to run off in the dark. And I don't want to fight with her in the bath because she's covered in sand," I laughed. I put Angie back in her set up and gave her some treats. "A fire sounds like a good idea," Beth came back from the basement. Rose followed behind her, and I noticed some blood on the corner of her mouth.

I grabbed a tissue from the table and walked over to Rose. "You're really good at leaving blood on your face," I said, leaning in to clean up her face. She looked a bit surprised and embarrassed. I know what they went to the basement to do, I'm not stupid. But I'm not mad about it. They're probably just trying to be careful around me, not sure how I would react to them drinking blood. Not that it matters seeing as how I watched Rose rip out a heart and rip off someone's head. "Okay let's go make those smores!" Zach said, pulling me to the back door. "Skye, you should put on a sweater. You might get cold," Rose suggested. I thought for a moment. I might get cold, but right now I'm wearing a cute black short sleeve crop top. It shows a good amount of my stomach and cleavage. And I know that Rose has been looking, so I'm not going to cover up just yet. I like having her eyes on me.

"I'll be fine. Plus I don't think your eyes want me to cover up just yet," I winked at her. I don't know where the confidence came from, but I'm going to roll with it. "And if I get cold, I'll just steal your sweater," I smiled. I could see her jaw tighten and her eyes darken. "This one is going to have fun teasing you Rose," Beth laughed, walking outside. She's right, this is fun. I turned to follow Zach outside, but Rose was stuck in place. "You coming?" I asked her innocently. "Yup," Rose swallowed hard. I just smirked and went outside with the other two.

We walked over to the fire pit and I sat down on one of the logs. The moon was high in the sky and shining bright. Beth sat down setting down a bag filled with ingredients for smores. Zach sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her. Rose bent down and worked on starting the fire. Instead of grabbing a lighter from the kitchen, she did it the old fashion way with just two sticks. She rubbed them together quickly and they started to smoke. I was watching her hands get to work. "I wonder how those hands would feel doing other things," I thought to myself. Rose got the sticks to catch, and she started blowing into the flames.

"How her lips would feel on my skin," I was pulled out of my dirty mind when I saw Rose practically burning her hands. "Oh my god Rose!" I yanked her hands out of the fire, only to watch them heal immediately. I watched in shock. "I'm okay, see?" Rose held her hands up to show that she was perfectly fine. "How the fuck?" I questioned. Rose giggled as she sat on the log behind her. "Vampires heal quickly. Hence why it can be hard to kill one," Rose started as she patted the empty spot next to her, signaling for me to sit..and I did.

"Not from what I've seen. You killed two within seconds," I stated. There was a hint of sadness on Rose's face when I said that. "She's killed way more than two for you," Zach laughed, but was quickly shut up by Beth's elbow and Rose's death stare. What did he mean by that? I mean, if this is anything like the books, then I'm sure she has killed many vampires. But killing many vampires for me? I've only been attacked by two vampires. I think I'd know if I've been attacked by more. "What does he mean by that?" I asked Rose. "We will talk about that at another time," Rose said sternly. Her hard stare was now on the fire. I wanted my answer, but I wasn't going to force it out of her. It's clearly something that bothers her and it may not be something she's ready to share.

"Well, it seemed like you were going to explain something before Zach interrupted," I moved closer and hooked my arm around hers. I felt her relax when I touched her. She looked at me, softened her gaze, and rested her hand on my knee. "It's hard to kill a vampire if you're trying to kill one as if they are human. We can't bleed to death and things like that. There's only a few ways to kill a vampire. One, you remove their heart. Two, you remove their head. Three, you use silver which prevents them from healing. And four, black roses," Rose explained. Her last words confused me.

"Black roses? I gave you a rose the other day and you didn't turn into a pile of ash," I said confused. "That's because you gave me a pink rose. The oil in black roses can be deadly to us vampires. If we ingest a little bit of it, it weakens us like silver. Except it can't be easily removed like silver. And if we ingest more than just a little, our eyes turn black as it kills us. If we ever have to handle a black rose, gloves are needed," Rose explained. 

I was listening to everything she had just said, but I was mostly focused on her eyes. She was watching the fire the entire time she was talking, and I was mesmerized at how the fire's reflection was dancing in her icy blue eyes. When fire meets ice. Rose turned back to me, and her eyes went straight to my chest. I looked away trying to hide my blush. "Time to break out the marshmallows," Beth said, catching Rose and I's attention. "Well you two were in a trance," Zach laughed. "Shut up," Rose and I said at the same time. We all looked at each other and bursted into laughter as we started roasting our marshmallows.

We were having a good time. We weren't even really talking about much, but anything that was said we somehow found it funny. Like when you're just so tired to the point where you act like a complete idiot who can't stop laughing. As the time went by, the temperature dropped down, causing me to shiver slightly. Rose saw me shiver and started taking off her sweater. "Told you I'd just take yours," I joked. Rose helped me put on her sweater, which fit her just right, but on me it's an over sized hoodie. "But now how am I supposed to tease you?" I whispered in her ear. I watched her eyes darken again. Knowing how much of a tease I am being, it's hard not to smile.

"So I'm assuming you two are officially a thing?" Beth asked amused. Rose snaked her arm around my waist and pulled me close. Enjoying her touch and taking in her scent, I rested my head on her shoulder. She's surprisingly warm for a vampire. I thought all vampires were cold to the touch, but she hasn't been. "Take that as a yes," Zach looked at me with knowing eyes. I just smiled and rolled my eyes. I wish my mom (Linda) was here to enjoy a night like this. But last time I saw her she was acting..strange. And I don't want to drag her into a life like this, where there is all sorts of unknown danger. Plus I don't know how she'd react to me being mated to Rose.

Looking back up at Zach to see what he was talking about, I saw a figure in the trees behind him. A figure dressed in what looked like dark red clothing. I squinted my eyes to try to see better. "Are you okay?" Rose asked. "Um," I looked at her, then back to the trees. Only to see that the figure was gone. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Either way, my gut is telling me that we should go inside and call it a night. "Yeah. I'm just tired," I replied, nuzzling into Rose. "Well, let's go to bed then shall we?" Rose got up and reached for my hand. "We shall," I said, taking her hand. "Goodnight lovebirds," Beth smirked. "Goodnight," We replied, not bothering to look back.

I just wanted to get into bed and feel safe in her arms. Especially now that the feeling of being watched was taking over again. Is there really someone watching us from the trees? No, it's just my mind messing with me..right? 

----------

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy "My Rose". This is my second story, my first is called "Skye and her Alpha". All story characters are mine, and yes I use myself as one of the main characters as it is easier for me to write that way. I update every other day, and I already have chapters just waiting to be published.

Please feel free to comment on anything good or bad, and make sure to vote! This lets me know if you are actually enjoying my story! Thank you!