Chapter Seventeen: Turned

TW: Mentions of r@pe

Skye's POV; It's now noon time,

Alex had gone back to Beth and Angie, while Rose and I went to the cabin. I was expecting to see people, but I didn't. No one was here. "You'll meet everyone later. Come on," Rose said, noticing my confusion. "Okay. You want to show me around?"

"Will you explain your..fangs after?"

"Yes I will," I joked. She took me down into the base, showing me her temporary throne. "It's a nice set up. Better than what I was imagining," I said, following Rose onto the front porch. "Yes, it is pretty good,"

"Do they know about me?" I asked, following her onto the porch. "Yes, they do. Apparently for a while now too. They weren't surprised when I talked about you,"

"Well, I know how Alex feels about me. How does everyone else feel about me?" I asked nervously. "They're actually very accepting of you. They understand the mate bond," Rose reassured. I felt my fangs retract. And now my mouth is sore. I tried rubbing it to ease the pain, but that didn't work. Rose hugged me from behind, resting her chin on my head. "Did someone turn you while we've been apart?" She asked. Her voice was a little shaky. I can tell she is afraid of what my answer might be. Whether someone had hurt me or not. "Nobody turned me baby. Well, not in the traditional sense, or on purpose," I started. "Explain," Rose pleaded.

"Well, it starts with Alex being Linda's mate. Their bond not only affects them, but me. It's their bond that has turned me. I don't know why or how that has worked, but it has. And for years, Linda and Ron have been poisoning my food with black rose oil. Apparently the only effect that it has on me is making me weak. It won't kill me like it would a normal vampire. It just kept me as a human," I said, leaning into Rose. "And now because it's been sometime without it in my system, I'm turning,"

"Wow, okay. There are stories of these things happening, so it's not hard to believe. But how did Linda and Alex meet? Does Linda know about Alex?"

"Remember the story you told me? About a human couple and your parents," I started nervously. I don't really want to tell her that my father is the one who killed her parents. I'm afraid of how she'll react. I'm mainly afraid that she'll reject me. Zach told me all about that, and it doesn't sound too fun. But if she does, I'll understand. "Yes,"

"Well um..those were my parents. Linda and Alex met then. And um," I took a deep shaky breath. I just have to force it out of me, she deserves to know. "My bastard father..was the one who..k-killed your parents," I practically whispered that last part. I felt Rose stand straight and freeze. Here comes the pain, better brace myself. I removed myself from her and looked her in the eyes. "I'm so sorry," The tears started flowing uncontrollably. "I'm sorry that my father did what he did," I cried. "And yet, fate put us together," Rose said in disbelief. "I understand if you want to reject our bond now," I said, preparing myself for the pain. "What? No. Who told you about rejections?" Rose said, shocked that I'd think of such a thing. "Zach did, when we first met," I replied. My face was soaked in tears. "Skye, I will never reject you. We have been bonded for a reason. And I have waited so long for you. I don't care that you're the daughter of my parent's murderer. Just because you parent is one way, doesn't make you the same," Rose said, wiping my tears away.

She pulls me into her and gives me a deep, passionate and reassuring kiss. "Don't you dare think that I'll ever leave you. I will be with you till the end my love," Rose said between kisses. "Glad to see you're okay," a familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Alex. "Alex!" I said surprised. I'm not sure why, but I hugged him. This surprised him too, but he didn't push me away. Letting him go, I went back to Rose, nuzzling into her side. "How did you get out?" I asked Alex. "Rose came looking for you after you left. And she helped me," He explained. I was going to say something, but something else had stolen my attention. The smell of blood.