Chapter Sixteen: The Truth

Skye's POV; Later that night,

My mom comes in with a plate of food. "Here, I made your favorite," She said, placing a plate of chicken alfredo in front of me. Something is different with it, like it smells different. I picked up the fork and brought a bite to my nose. Black rose oil, I think that's what I smell. No, that is what I smell. "I'm not stupid. I know that there's black rose oil in the damn food," I said, throwing the plate off the bed. "Honey, I don't know what you're talking about," Mom said, playing dumb. Now is my chance to see if I can persuade her.

She stood up and headed for the door, but I grabbed her wrist, making her jump. I looked her dead in the eyes, not blinking. "You will sit here and tell me everything," I said calmly. The second I finished my sentence, she sat down. It looked like she was in a trance. Wait, so that actually worked? "What do you want to know?" Mom asked blankly. I could definitely get used to this. "Why did you run away from your mate Alex,"

"I was afraid that someone would hurt me, because of what your father did. He killed the King and Queen,"

I already knew that, fucking drunk bastard. "What do you know about Rose and I,"

"I know that Rose is the King and Queen's daughter. And I think that you and Rose are mates,"

Then she should know better than to try and keep us apart. That's just asking for trouble. "What am I?"

"You're a vampire, but not like other vampires,"

"How,"

"You didn't need to be bitten to turn. The bond between Alex and I has had its effects on you, making you turn into one of them,"

"Then why haven't I noticed my vampire side,"

"Ron and I found out that black rose oil won't kill you, but it still affects you. It keeps you from completing turning, it keeps you human and makes you weak. So we've been putting it in your food and your medicine is laced with it,"

So she has been doing all of these fucked up things to her own daughter. I thought she cared about me. But would a mother who truly cares for their child, do this to them? "Do you actually care about me, your daughter? Or are you just afraid of me,"

"You are not my daughter. You haven't been since I first saw your eyes turn red. You are a monster that terrifies me, but a monster that I have been able to keep under control,"

Cool. So my mom-Linda, doesn't care about me. Having my answers, I started blinking again. Linda got out of the trance I had put her in. "What-what just happened?"

"You just told me the truth, Linda," I grinned. "Fuck! Ron!" She yelled for Ron, leaving my room. Ron came rushing in. "Sleep you beast," He said, waving his head in the air. Within seconds I had passed out.

Rose's POV;

It was night time, and I finally arrived at the castle. How could I not know the danger that Skye was in? Usually I can detect these things, or get visions before they happen. But I was too focused on the rebels and not the safety of my mate. When I get her back, she is never leaving my sight. Masking my scent, I make my way to the side of the castle. There's a small window with bars that lead to the dungeons. That'll be my way in. I found the window and ripped the bars off as fast as I could.

With the bars now removed, I squeezed myself through the window. It was a tight squeeze but I made it work. Slowly lowering myself to the ground, I quietly walked down the hall to the dungeons. I could smell Skye's and Alex's scent. I followed their scent trails, eager to get to her. "Where did the bitch go?!" I heard Anna yell. I stopped in my tracks. "She couldn't have escaped by herself!" Anna screamed. Skye escaped? Where is she now? Is she okay? Is she hurt? I swear if she's hurt, I will kill Anna. "You have so many questions," I heard Alex start. "That you will never have the answers to," He laughed. "You think this is funny?! I'll tell you what's going to be funny! Watching you have a slow and painful death!" Anna screamed.