Chapter Six: My Rose

Rose's POV: Still Friday Morning;

I want Skye to be at my side at all times, but I don't want her to feel like my prisoner. "I noticed that you weren't on the couch this morning, and your fangs are still poking out," Beth said, grabbing a blood bag out of her fridge. She got two cups and poured blood into them for us. "She had a nightmare and asked me to stay with her," I said, taking the glass from her. "And your fangs?" Beth pried. "She wanted to kiss me, but I couldn't control myself. I want to mark her so badly, but I don't want to hurt her. So I had to pull away," I sighed. "Yeah, I know that pain all too well. But who knows, maybe you'll be able to mark her sooner than you think," Beth said, bringing her glass to her lips.

"I still don't know how to talk to her about our mate bond," I said, sitting at the table. "Maybe you won't have to be the one to inform her about what mates are," Beth took a seat with me. "What are you talking about?" I questioned. "Well, I'm sure she's heard the word mate many times now. And it seems that she has opened up to Zach, so she has most likely asked him about it. And knowing Zach, he'll probably tell her all about it," Beth explained. I got mad for a second, I wanted to be the one to tell her. Tell her that we are mates, but maybe it was better that he did instead of me. You know, human to human.

"So now that you have your mate, have you thought about the throne?" Beth asked carefully. "That hasn't been my concern, Skye has-"

"I know, but now you have her. And she's not going anywhere. Your people need you Rose, things have gone to hell since you left the throne. The power has gone to Anna's head. She's killing our own kind because she sees them as weak nothings. She's building an army to take over the humans, and we can't let that happen. And from what happened to Skye last night, Anna is after her." At first I didn't care about the throne. All I cared about was being with Skye, but Beth is right. Not only is Anna killing our own kind and wanting control over the humans, she's now after Skye. And if she were to get a hold of Skye, she wouldn't be able to control her thirst. Skye's blood is truly rare, and wanted by many. I can't sit back and let Anna get away with what she's doing. I have to stop her, make sure she doesn't get to Skye and take back the throne.

"Let's give Skye some time to get used to us vampires. Then we'll start planning on getting my throne back," I said determined. "Yes my Queen," Beth said proudly. "You give me the signal, and I'll let the ones loyal to you know that you're coming back. And to prepare to fight with us," Beth and I paused because we smelled our mates returning.

Skye's POV;

I couldn't stop smiling now, and I'm sure that I look ridiculous. Opening the front door, Beth and Rose were sitting at the table, already looking at us. I smiled even more when my eyes met Rose's. "And what has you smiling?" Rose smiled back. "I told you he would," Beth chuckled. "I would what?" He asked innocently, knowing what she was talking about. I walked over to the table and sat next to Rose, unconsciously moving my seat closer to her. Rose just watched me the whole time. "You two should go to the store now. We'll stay here so you guys can get to know each other more," Beth said, pulling Zach into her lap. Well we know who wears the pants in their relationship.

"Oh I-i don't have any money so-"

"Don't worry dear, we don't need money. I have this ability to persuade people, make them do what I want. So you can just grab what you want without having to pay a thing," Rose explained. "Can all vampire's do that?" I questioned. "No, just ones of royal blood," Rose replied. I forgot that she was the formal queen. "And I was actually thinking, how about we just go to my home and I can pack my things?"

"That's not a good idea, it's not safe for you there" Rose stated. "But you'll be with me this time. And I need to tell my mother some sort of lie so that she doesn't try to come looking for me. Plus my pet Angie, I can't just leave her. She needs to be taken care of," I argued. "What is Angie?" Beth asked. "She's my guinea pig," I replied. "I don't mind having a guinea pig here, if you wish to bring her here," Beth smiled. "Fine, but if I sense even the slightest hint of danger, you will do as I say," Rose demanded. She definitely has 'The Queen' tone in her voice. "Thank you, but we'll need to grab my car from the store. To make my lie look more real."