Author's Note

Dear Reader,

Thank you for your patience as I prepared my next wlw novel over the course of this year and last. It's been quite the hiatus - almost 8 months! I really appreciated having that time to recover from burnout so I could better conceptualize and write this novel, and I'm happy to see all your reads and comments on my older queer novels in the meantime. 

I've been reading more and more queer fantasy, hence the inspiration for this novel. While I still enjoy writing contemporary fiction, it was nice to branch out and challenge myself with this new genre. I've put a lot of effort into the characters, plot, and worldbuilding, and I hope you'll appreciate it as well. With that being said, I'm so excited to share my newest queer fantasy novel, Ad Astra!

To get rather candid, shortly after beginning the writing process for this novel, I also experienced my first ever wlw breakup. It was, as you can imagine, a very mournful and heartbreaking experience that I have spent most of this year thus far attempting to heal from, but, at the very least, it gave me incentive to write. I spent hours upon hours crafting this story and suddenly found my passion for the art of writing again. I channeled all my heartbreak and grief and other complicated feelings into this novel, and I hope, for that reason, the characters and their experiences are a realistic portrayal of human emotion.

So....shout-out to my ex-girlfriend, I guess? You may have stomped all over my heart, but you gave me incentive to write ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And as a result of everything I stated above, this novel is going to be a long one, so buckle up! Nearly 400 pages on a Word doc, with each chapter being roughly 2000-4000 words. This is definitely the longest novel I have written in a while, so I hope you'll stick around for all of it.

Ad Astra is the first novel in a duology, so I hope you'll enjoy it enough to stay around for the sequel! As always, updates are weekly on Fridays.

Thanks for reading!

~Maeve