04 - ᴋᴀᴛꜱᴜᴋɪ ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏᴜ

Previously on Latibule:

"Yeah, you too," I said absentmindedly, high-fiving him as I searched for any possible robots to beat. I needed points, after all.

And just as I spotted one...

"Time's up!"

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 4///Katsuki Bakugou 

-~:~-

A week or so after the exams, I was out in a park running. I had come to enjoy the activity — if at first it was more like something I required myself to do in order to pass the exam, now it was basically a hobby of mine. It was also quite beneficial, although I was pretty sure I hadn't gotten into U.A. High and technically didn't have to train for my hero studies anymore. My second school choice, which was a regular high school, had accepted me already so there were no worries about the future for me.

I was still pretty proud of myself for how much I had improved in the past year, school or no school. My endurance was higher and I had discovered so many aspects of my quirk that I had previously known nothing about. I felt as if I was more... me. It was as if I had started to see my potential or, rather, who I was meant to be. So — I was grateful for the process, even if it didn't eventually lead up to anything big. The world was open before me and there were so many opportunities now that I could actually enjoy my time outside of the cool dark house I called home.

Footsteps approached from behind, someone's controlled but loud breathing rhythmically playing over it, as if there was a drum pounding the beat to the steps. "On your left," a familiar voice grumpily called before the owner moved to jog past me.

"Hey," I called, picking up my pace to jog next to the ash-blond boy. "You're the boy from the exams, right?"

No answer. Of course, I realized, he probably doesn't like me, after I stood in the doorway and stole his points at the exam and all...

"Sorry about blocking the doorway," I apologized as I started to wonder if he was the type of person to talk to anyone at all. Like — maybe it wasn't just me.

"How do you think you did?" I asked, making small talk as an attempt to show that I wasn't a terrible person. "You seemed to do good."

"That's because I did good," he scoffed, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Considering his cocky attitude, it probably was obvious to him.

I hummed, looking at the cars on the distant street before they disappeared out of view as trees blocked my line of sight. "Confidence is key, huh?"

I heard him sigh. If it was with frustration, irritation, tiredness, or something else, I don't know.

"I can leave you alone, if you wish," I said, starting to give up on talking with him.

As there was no answer again, I started to jog ahead of him.

"What's your name?"

I slowed my pace so he'd hear my answer despite me being slightly ahead of him on the dirt path. "Y/n L/n. Yours?"

"Katsuki Bakugou," he answered, catching up with me for a second just to pass me, going fast enough to make it obvious that the conversation was over.

His behavior was most intriguing, I had to admit. One second he asked me for my name and the next he just... left.

I narrowed my eyes at his back, letting the boy be for now. Katsuki Bakugou... Something tells me that we'll meet again.