51 - ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ

Previously on Latibule:

Thus, I didn't make conversation, even when we got to the two-floor house and he'd walked with me to the first floor's staircase, where he'd have to go up to get to the boys' area and I'd have to go down the hallway on my right to join the rest of the girls of class 1-A.

"Well, then," I started, smiling up at the boy as he was already on the first steps of the stairs. "Have a good night, Katsuki."

"You, too, Y/n."

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 51///Training Like Never Before

-~:~-

Having got some kind of quick breakfast into our bodies the next morning, we got into our PE uniforms and gathered outside, yawning and stretching. In regular conditions we would've been talking to each other about whatever came to mind, happily chatting the morning away, but given how early it was, not a single one of us had the energy to do so. In fact, even Mr. Aizawa seemed more tired than usual as he started giving us instructions.

"Good morning, class," he greeted. "Today we begin a training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to improve your skills exponentially so each of you earns a provisional licence. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness. Proceed carefully." He gazed at all of us, his gaze stopping on Bakugou beside me. "Look alive, Bakugou." With that, our teacher tossed him a softball. "Try throwing that for me."

"Yeah, sure. Like in the fitness test," the blond caught on quickly.

I considered it for a moment. It was possible that while our knowledge and technique had improved, our quirks may have stayed the same when it came to strength as we hadn't focused on that at all in our training.

"That's right," Mr Aizawa continued, nodding slightly. "When you first started school your record was 705.2 metres. Let's see if you've improved."

"Oh, I get it, we're checking our progress!" Mina realised as Bakugou walked further away from us.

"A lot's happened to us in the past three months, maybe he can throw a whole kilometre now," Sero agreed, her and Mina being the ones most awake out of all of us.

"Come on, get it, Bakugou!" Kirishima encouraged, also.

The blond stopped winding his arm, dropping it to his side before throwing it with a blast and a loud yell, as he always had done.

Still the same old Katsuki, huh? I grimaced. I often did not agree with the boy's choice of words but I was grateful that he at least didn't cuss in everyday conversations as much as he did when he was trying to leave an impression.

We all looked at Mr Aizawa for results. "That was 709.6 metres," he said, unimpressed.

Bakugou froze, I pulled a face. Yikes.

Our other classmates were surprised as well, making murmurs such as that's it? and kinda disappointing arise.

"You've had a single semester at U.A.," our homeroom teacher spoke, unfazed. It was almost like he'd anticipated such results and knowing him, he probably had. "And due to your various experiences, all of you have definitely improved. But those improvements have mostly been limited to mental endurance and technical skill, with a slight increase in stamina thrown in along the way.

As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved much on a fundamental level. That's why we're now going to focus on improving your powers." A scary smirk appeared on our teacher's face. "This will be so hard you'll feel like you're dying. Let's hope you all survive."