35 - ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɢʜᴛ

Previously on Latibule:

I headed for the bathroom, thinking about my quirk. It had been calmer lately and my endurance was a lot higher than it had been.

Still, I felt a little funny. I looked at myself in the mirror, wondering if the cause was just my feelings acting up because of a certain boy.

And then, for the shortest moment, I saw a pink cloud around me.

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 35///Darkness And Light

-~:~-

Going back to school on Monday felt weird. Not just because I'd just had a longer weekend but because my head was buzzing. The energy pulsing through me felt different somehow and the world seemed a bit far away. It seemed as if I was not completely in control of my actions, operating on auto-pilot.

We got our exam results that morning. I had passed, luckily, but I barely noticed Kaminari, Sato, Mina and Kirishima grieving over their results. Instead, I played with my fingers as Mr Aizawa announced that everyone was going to the training camp despite whatever threats he'd made earlier in the direction of those who didn't pass. Our homeroom teacher explained the thought process behind the exam and the deceptions around it but that was pretty much it for the homeroom class.

When the end of the day rolled around, everyone started discussing what they'd do at the start of summer break, for the camp would cover only a part of it. I tuned them out, packing my bag absentmindedly before standing up from my seat so I could head to the lockers.

A hand slammed on my desk and my view was blocked by a person. It didn't take me more than a split second to understand that it was Bakugou who was in front of me.

"What's going on?" he hissed, warily glancing behind him to make sure no one was noticing our little interaction. "You've been so dazed all day."

I hummed, thinking of an answer. He was right, of course, but I didn't know what to tell him. So that's exactly what I said. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean I don't know," I shrugged. "I don't know what's going on."

Bakugou sighed, backing off. "Just tell me if something's wrong, alright?"

"Alright."

I left Bakugou, hoping to leave the feeling behind, too. But whatever it was, it stuck with me. Stuck with me when I was offered to go to the mall with the rest of the class on the first day of the holidays. Stuck with me when I declined the offer. Stuck with me when I walked through the hallways, suffocated by the worry and grief and happiness that weren't my own. Stuck with me when I walked down the streets, noticing that the people around me were rather hazy. Stuck with me when I opened my home door. Stuck with me when I collapsed onto my bed.

It even stuck with me in the darkness that followed. Everything was hazy. My head felt so... stuffed. My heart weighed heavy in my chest.

From the darkness there came colors. Yellow, green, blue, purple, red, pink, brown... I was surrounded by so many colors I could barely tell one from the other and, still, I felt as if I was standing alone in the dark void.

Then I gasped, sitting up on my bed. And the world had never been clearer.