49 - ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ!

Previously on Latibule:

"He's like a mini version of you," Todoroki commented.

"What are you talking about?! You should just shut your mouth before I blast you all the way to hell!"

I leaned back onto my hands, looking up at the orange sky in the short moment of silence. This is going to be a long and exhausting week, I realised. But... I don't think I'll mind. Seems pretty fun, too.

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 49///Dinner Time!

-~:~-

When we'd gotten our stuff off the bus, as per Mr Aizawa's instructions, we headed to dinner. We'd been informed this would be the only time we wouldn't have to cook for ourselves, thus I took the most of it and savoured every mouthful even when my stomach was crying for me to wolf down the whole bowl and get another one as soon as possible.

Bakugou beside me was, of course, savouring every mouthful, too... But in his own way. I wasn't counting but I could've bet on it that he was already at his tenth or eleventh portion. I looked at him in wonder. How can somebody eat that much... I hummed in thought. Then again, I probably could if I wasn't holding myself back... I don't want to feel sick later on.

The boy caught me staring. He raised a brow, confusion flitting through the air. "You're not hungry?" he asked.

"I am, I just don't want to eat too fast," I responded. "I tend to get the hiccups rather easily and it's super annoying."

The brown in the air deepened, gaining another edge to it as confusion changed into concern. "You really should eat something," the boy worried.

"I am eating, Katsuki," I grinned, gesturing to the food in front of me. "Just because I don't wolf it down all at once doesn't mean I don't eat at all."

The boy shrugged. "Suit yourself." Then he dove back into his food, his bowl that contained rice basically touching his nose so he could quickly transport the food from the bowl to the mouth.

I let out an amused breath at the sight before getting back to my own food, giving my taste buds time to do the work with each mouthful as I fell into thought.

I wondered how my parents were doing. Their company meant much to them and the family's economic situation. If it so happened that people didn't want their weapons or hero costumes anymore, it would all collapse.

I frowned, worry churning in my stomach. I was for once certain that the feeling was my own, as everyone else in the room was indulged in rather positive emotions. I'm sure they're alright...

As I pushed myself up from the table, Bakugou looked at me once again. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," I lied easily. "But I'm full so I'll get going now. Enjoy your meal."

From the frown the creased the boy's eyebrows before I turned I could tell that he was worried. Still, I didn't look back.