11 - ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ

Previously on Latibule:

I bit the inside of my cheek as Mr Aizawa answered for me. "Stay back! This is real. Those are villains."

Everyone froze and my stomach dropped, my breath hitching in my throat at the confirmation of my assumption.

Looking back, it was honestly quite the turn of events. We wouldn't train to rescue others. We'd have to rescue ourselves.

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 11///Only The Beginning

-~:~-

A deep voice echoed through the dome. "The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraserhead. Perplexive. According to the schedule we retrieved from U.A., All Might should be here as well." The purple mist morphed so we could see two blazing yellow eyes that, in contrast to the rest of the villain's misty body, weren't constantly flickering.

"So you scumbags used the press as a cover and sneaked on the campus," Mr Aizawa concluded, taking a fighting stance with his scarves rising up into the air.

I was still frozen in place, half of me mad at myself for it. I was supposed to become a hero, wasn't I? If I ever wanted to succeed at that, I couldn't freeze at the sight of villains. The other half of me assured I was being completely reasonable — I was still a kid, a mere teenager.

"How could so many of the villains get into a U.A. facility this secured?" Kirishima inquired, pointing out a missing puzzle piece.

Yaoyorozu caught on to what he was saying. "Yeah, Thirteen, why aren't the alarms going off?"

"Good question. I'm not sure."

I clasped my hands together, taking deep breaths. The teenager and hero-in-training inside of me would have to work together now. "Perhaps one of them has a quirk to mess with the communication," I proposed. To my credit, my voice didn't tremble and I found new confidence in that fact.

"Is the entire campus under attack or is this their only target?" Todoroki asked rhetorically, speaking just as quietly as he always did. "Either way, L/n's right. There must be someone masking their presence here.

They carefully chose this isolated facility as an entry point at the time when a class was being taught," Todoroki went on. "They're fools for trespassing here."

"Fools or not, they've taught this through," I pointed out.

"They must have a concrete objective, whatever their plan is," Todoroki added, nodding at my words. "But what is it?"

Mr Aizawa walked towards the stairs descending into the middle of the dome. "Thirteen, get them out of here," he said, referring to us, the students.

Don't have to tell me twice, I mused, already turning on my heel.

"And alert the main campus," our teacher instructed as Bakugou's hand landed on my shoulder, stopping me from moving away from the group. "Actually, if they've got the ability to block our censors, they might be jamming with the regular communication, too. Kaminari, try using your quirk to contact the school."

"Yes, sir."

"What are you gonna do? You can't fight them on your own," Midoriya pointed out, his eyes wide with fear. "There's too many of them. Even if you can nullify their quirks, your fighting style is not suited for this. Your power works best in stealth and one on one fights, that's not gonna help with a group."