46 - ᴘᴇꜱꜱɪᴍɪꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴛɪᴄ?

Previously on Latibule:

But when my parents came back, I didn't even consider telling them. They were tired, they had enough problems on their own. Besides, I was probably influenced by their worry, too, so I obviously couldn't have been too worried to begin with. Or, if I was, it was probably what Bakugou had felt like, for he'd looked all sad and gloomy.

However, even when I got home and I finally decided to let my quirk steam out, the feeling didn't go away.

Frustrated, I stuffed my face into my pillow. This doesn't make any sense!

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 46///Pessimistic Or Realistic?

-~:~-

The day the training camp was to start soon rolled around and I wasn't sure what to feel about it. I thought I'd be more... excited, but these past days that were between the trip to I-Island and the camp, I'd been more concerned.

I looked down at my notes just in case, to make sure everything was adding up. The air around me was indeed a steady brown, which stood for confusion and concern as far as I had made out.

With a sigh, I pocketed my phone again and exited the house, making sure the door was locked behind me. My parents would've been home to send me off since they both got called to an emergency meeting concerning their company, which they'd been working very hard to build, so it was obvious that they had to go. Thus, I was left to take care of myself.

I thought about what my classmates had been up to after the trip to I-Island. I didn't know much, besides the fact that they'd assembled some sort of pool party the day directly after the I-Island exhibition ended, but I hadn't gone through the trouble to show up. There were two reasons for that, actually. One, I didn't like swimming in front of pretty much total strangers and two, I was feeling a bit under the weather that day. The latter was obviously what I told everyone else, who were kind enough to tell me that they hoped I'd recover before the training camp. Which I did, at least physically.

Besides the pool party, I knew that some of them had been revising some hero material and most of them had been training. I'd been training too, in a sense, as I kept track of my emotions and my quirk through everything I did, whether it be watching movies or taking a walk in the park just for the sake of going outside.

With those kinds of thoughts swirling in my head, I reached the school. I was one of the last to arrive so it didn't take much time before Mr Aizawa started talking. "Now that you've finished up your first semester at U.A. High, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin. However, don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in the making. At this camp we'll push you to go beyond your limits, you're aiming to become plus ultra."

"Yes, sir!" we chorused.

Having gotten our answer, Mr Aizawa walked away, leaving us to our own devices as he went to look over the camp's last minute preparations.

I sighed, going to walk where I'd left my bag before I was stopped by a voice. "L/n, hey! I didn't see you at the pool."

I managed a smile as I turned to look at Kirishima. "I wasn't really feeling good so I didn't come," I explained, shrugging. "Was it too fun?"

"Nah," the boy dragged. "We were just racing but Mr Aizawa cut the finals short."

My lips twitched upwards. Of course they'd make it into a competition.

I looked around, quickly searching for a topic of conversation as silence ensued, my eyes lingering on Bakugou for a moment as I was reminded of the analysis I'd had on the topic of him and feelings. Quickly shaking that from my head, my eyes ventured to what he was wearing. That's where I got my conversation topic.

"Isn't it weird that we have to wear regular uniforms going to a training camp? What if they rip?" I spoke up.

"I don't think they will," Kirishima shook his head. "We have PE uniforms for training."

"Yeah, but knowing U.A. and the whole concept of heroes never rest, they'll probably toss us into the forest or something halfway to the camp and tell us to manage on our own," I argued, sitting back with a sigh.

Bakugou scoffed. "What's got you all pessimistic?"

"It's called being realistic," I fired back.

Luckily or unluckily, the boy didn't get a chance to answer as class B arrived, Monoma, of course, ahead of them all. "I heard some of class A is taking extra courses," he taunted. "Does that mean they actually failed the final exam?" He gasped dramatically. "That would be so embarrassing, especially since you're supposed to be so much better than my class! All of you must be wallowing in shame—"

Kendo, a deadpan on her face, casually knocked the boy out, apologizing to us after she did so, "Don't mind him."

As I saw Kendo was dragging Monoma onto the bus, I pushed myself up and took my bag. "Guess we should get going, too."

Kirishima and Bakugou agreed, the redhead leading the way. When we passed Mineta, who was drooling, he looked down at the little guy with disappointment. "Dude, get yourself together. For real."

I felt a little bit of disgust stirring in my stomach as I passed the guy, for once glad that Bakugou was there with me. Then I remembered to check the air around me. Purple.

As soon as we got onto the bus, I pulled out my notebook, grateful for the light from the window as well as the fact that Bakugou allowed me to take the window seat, as I scribbled down, purple — disgust.

Bakugou peeked over my shoulder. "What's that?"

"I'm writing down what each color means to the best of my ability," I explained, quickly but unsuspiciously putting the small notebook away so he wouldn't see the notes on pink and red. "Thus far I've figured out that some of the main colors have multiple meanings, and sometimes, when emotions vary in strength, the colors vary in tone."

"Interesting," the boy admitted, leaning back against his seat again.

The bus started moving. I let out a yawn, observing my surroundings. There were many colors, mostly consisting of happy yellows and orange stripes of nervousness and excitement. However, there were a few people, like Todoroki and, very surprisingly, Bakugou, who'd blanketed themselves in a thick white veil of calmth.

Settling comfortably into my seat, I let Bakugou's calmth — rolling off of him as soothingly as waves rolled onto the sand on a sunny day — absorb into my skin, slowly lulling me to sleep.