68 - ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ

Previously on Latibule:

My mother raised a brow at me as I was putting my dishes away.

"I know, eavesdropping is not polite," I answered before she could even ask the question. Then I straightened myself up. "But thank you, mum. I promise, I promise-promise-promise you won't regret it!"

Excitedly, I hugged my mother before going up to my room and looking out the window. The sun was shining, the white puffy clouds floating gracefully in the light blue palette. And somehow, blue didn't seem at all a sad colour anymore. Instead, it had, at least in my heart, gained an edge of hope.

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 68///Hanging Out

-~:~-

I sat on my bed, thinking about whether or not I should call Bakugou and chat with him for a bit. I wanted to catch up on everything, yes, but after what happened... Maybe if it's better if I don't talk to him for a bit? I thought, looking in the mirror. Especially with these new feelings. Maybe if I ignore them for long enough, they go away? That would be best because he doesn't feel the same for me anyway.

Sighing, I looked out the window. I wish I could go for a walk or something... But the police told me to stay inside. I guess I should take up knitting or something again. With another sigh, I stood up and started looking through my stuff. I should have some leftover yarn from my last crocheting phase relapse, right?

Just as I was about to pull out a big cardboard box from the back of my wardrobe, my phone vibrated.

I quickly checked it. It was the class girls' group chat.

Alien Queen: How is everyone?

Alien Queen: If y'all are up to it I think we should totes to something all together!

Alien Queen: We could go shopping, to the movies, just out to roam the streets...

I sighed. More than ever I wished I could go out and socialise. It wasn't something I usually wanted to do but the boredom of staying inside with not even the opportunity to go outside had started to get to me.

I closed my wardrobe and plopped onto my bed thoughtfully. If I ignore the police...? No, Y/n, don't be an idiot!

Regretfully, I typed my answer.

You: Sorry, guys, I'll have to sit this one out

You: Police's rules

You: No going out for me :(

It was quite soon that I got an answer.

Yaomomo: Well, if it's okay, we could actually all come over to your house and spend time together there?

Yaomomo: Not to invite ourselves over or something but it would be rude to leave you out, especially as we've planned this in the bigger group.

I stared at the screen for a moment. Something buzzed inside of me. Is this what it feels like to have friends? I looked out of the window. But Katsuki's my friend, too... I furrowed my brows. Yes, he's a friend and nothing more so I should ignore the fact that I feel different about him than my other friends.

My phone in my hand caught my attention again as the screen started fading by itself. Right, I should ask my parents.

Making it quick, I walked over to their home office room and explained the situation. A minute later, I gave a positive answer to the group chat.

Yaomomo: That's great! I can bring the snacks!

Yaomomo: How's meeting up in an hour sound to you guys?

You: Fine by me!

I also added my address to the group chat while the rest of the class' girls let us all know that they could also come.

It was very soon that we were all comfortably situated in the living room, sitting in a circle, bundled up with pillows as blankets as Yaoyorozu's snacks as well as a pizza my parents had ordered for us sat in the middle of us all.

"So, how are you and Bakugou?" Mina prompted, looking at me with a grin.

I almost dropped the paper cup in my hand as I looked at her in bafflement. "I don't know what you mean."

"Oh, come on, it's obvious that he has a crush on you," Jirou pitched in.

I frowned, looking down at my drink. "I'm not sure. He's been acting weird lately."

Mina squealed. "Stage two: denial! Or, it could also be stage six: awkwardness..."

"Mina, I don't know," I insisted once again. "Besides, there are way more obvious pairings in our class. Like what about you and Kaminari, Jirou?"

The girl froze, her cheeks colouring pink. "Don't be ridiculous, there's nothing between us."

Mina squealed again. "Ohhh! There totally is! This is like living a matchmaking dream, my ships are sailing!"

I smiled at the girl. It had been a long time since I'd hung out with girls my age and, to be fair, I'd missed it. Maybe moving into the dorms would strengthen our bonds even more?

I looked around at the laughing bunch, peace growing in my chest as my worries seemed to disappear. I sure hope so. And I'll get to figure out what's going on with Katsuki, too.

Uraraka tapped my shoulder. "L/n, could you show me where the toilet is?"

I smiled, standing up and pulling her along. "Of course, come on."