18 - ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

Previously on Latibule:

"I absorb the energy around me which means I absorb the emotions of others." I shuddered, looking at the ground. "That wasn't a nice place to be in."

Bakugou frowned. "I'm sorry, I should've let you go if you wanted."

"No, it's alright, you didn't know," I smiled before shivering, some of the energy leaving my body through goosebumps. "Let's go, the next round's about to begin."

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 18///The First Round

-~:~-

Bakugou and I entered the arena side by side, listening as Present Mic went on and on about the side games.

"Hold up."

That spiked my interest. Present Mic sounded genuinely curious.

"What are they doing?"

I could've sworn Mr Aizawa sounded even more disappointed than he usually did.

"Looks like class 1-A is going full-on fan service!"

I spotted the girls of my class, dressed in extremely revealing cheer uniforms. The embarrassment that radiated off of them was nearly suffocating. But then again, it might've been the laughter that was bubbling up in my throat. However it subsided as soon as I realized that if I'd been with them, I'd be in the same situation.

"Hey, I'll—" I started excusing myself from Bakugou's presence but he waved me off.

"Go ahead, I don't care."

Yaoyorozu sank to the ground pretty much the moment I arrived at their sides. "Why is it that I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes? I even used my quirk to make these outfits."

Uraraka comfortingly patted her back as I crouched in front of them. "Hey, I'm sure he'll learn his lesson at some point. You should make the most of it."

"How does one make the most of this?" Jirou asked, aggressively gesturing at the outfit. "There's not much to start with."

I gave a sheepish smile. "There's gotta be something, right?"

Luckily I didn't hear their grumbling anymore as I turned to look at the screens after Present Mic started talking again.

"The sixteen students from the top four teams will be fighting one on one in a tournament style fighting competition!"

I scanned the screens only to find question marks everywhere.

"I promised you're gonna love these specific match-ups!"

Midnight immediately kicked down that idea as she held up a box. "Come draw lots to see who you're up against," she said, "and then enjoy the pleasure of games before we start. The sixteen participants have the opportunity of participating in these games or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina."

If I had doubts before, I didn't have any now. Preparing it is.

"I'll start with the first place team."

Ojiro raised his hand as Midnight started walking. "Uhm, excuse me," he called. "Sorry, but I'm withdrawing."

Everyone gasped and my eyebrows bolted up in surprise. Why'd he waste such a chance?