71 - (ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ) ʙᴜᴅᴅʏ

Previously on Latibule:

I heaved a breath before closing my eyes and focusing inward. That was how I'd got control of my quirk at the very start — by focusing on what I could and couldn't feel.

Unlike in the past, this time I tried to no avail. Finally I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling. I tried to think about the people I'd felt the strongest emotions around, going over the possibility of meeting up with them to just exercise my quirk. But there was one who lingered — Bakuogu. I hadn't seen him pretty much for days (granted I'd seen him that morning but as we didn't talk, it didn't count) and, well, I missed him. It was almost as if I was missing a part of myself.

I sighed again and turned to my side. Why can't these feelings just go away already?

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 71///(Training) Buddy

-~:~-

Mr Aizawa really had no mercy. The man had decided that, even though most of us were still somewhat injured and lowkey traumatised, the best course of action to take would be — you guessed it — immense training. It would take our minds off of everything or whatever.

Because of my situation, I obviously couldn't train my quirk, so I spent my time brainstorming until one afternoon, when we'd returned from school and also our hero training. Most of us, despite being tired, had proceeded to continue training behind the dorms as the provisional licensing exam was coming up. Unfortunately, I'd have to sit that one out and wait for either next year or — if something could be organised by principal Nezu — my very own exam.

As I mentioned, I had just finished brainstorming and was heading out to the training field behind our dorm house, searching for a certain someone.

Spotting him, I ran over. "Ojiro!"

The boy stopped his actions for a moment and looked up. "L/n. What can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if..." I started a bit uncertainly but pulled myself together. "I was wondering if you could teach me how to fight? Without my quirk, I mean. I've realised I pretty much lack any knowledge in that department, rendering me useless if it so happens that I can't use my quirk."

The boy hummed in thought before nodding. "Sure, of course I'll teach you. So do you know nothing at all?"

"Nothing at all," I confirmed.

"Then we'll start with the basics. I won't teach you how I use my tail, obviously, just the martial arts side of things."

I beamed, happy with the situation and the fact that I'd changed into my PE uniform before going out there. "Thank you so much!"

By the evening, everything was aching. I'd fallen so many times and hadn't managed to avoid punches even a higher number of times. But I'd gotten the basics down, Ojiro had said so himself. Despite that, I had made an agreement with him that I would continue training the next day. It would help build up my endurance.

I grunted as I sat down for dinner, even my arms a bit sore as I lifted my chopsticks. Right, endurance.

Mina plopped down beside me. "Y/n!" she gushed, nudging me slightly. It hurt. "How are you?"

I pulled a face. "What's on your mind, Mina?"

The girl pouted. "I've told you, now that we're good friends and I get to call you by your first name, you should call me Ashido!"

"What's on your mind, Ashido?" I corrected myself with a sigh. I wasn't much in the mood to talk but luckily Mina didn't mind.

"So I overheard a conversation today."

I raised a disinterested brow. I'd never understood the girl's fascination with gossiping.

"Between Kirishima and Bakugou!"

I froze, quickly looking around the room. We were sitting at a table a bit further from everyone else, a place I'd intentionally picked, and nobody seemed to be listening to us, having their own conversations to handle.

I sighed again. "Whatever it is, I don't want to know, Mi— Ashido. If it's something I need to know, the boys'll tell me themselves."

Her face immediately fell and I felt a little bad to kill her mood like that. I knew she truly meant the best. "Alright... But I will say this — you should talk to him."

"Katsuki?"

"Yeah!"

I raised a brow at her, trying to tone down the hope in my chest. "Are you sure?"

"A hundred percent! Besides, once you understand what's going on, you won't have to stare at him across the room anymore, looking like a lost puppy," she commented offhandedly, boredly leaning her face in her hand.

I felt my cheeks flame and was glad I didn't have anything in my mouth because otherwise I would've choked. "Ashido!"

The girl burst out laughing. I smiled at that. It was wonderful to have friends like her.

My eyes strayed from my pink-skinned classmate and found the duo consisting of a blond and a redhead. And friends like them.