Rituals

After the opening, a Seer Grimm floats into a conference room of Onyx's Citadel. The Lord of the Grimm sits at the head of the table, his eyes closed shut. They snap open as an image of Salem appears before him. He taps his fingers along his armrest.

Onyx: Yes?

Salem: Combat stratagem. We need to be prepared. Assemble your council, and come to me.

Onyx nodded as the seer floated away. Lavenza Volt and Damson Shade step out from the shadows, glancing towards Onyx. Onyx stands up and places his hands behind his back.

Lavenza: My Lord, shall I fetch the drafts?

Onyx: Feed Project Rubicon to Stier and the Plague Doctor. Leave her in the dark. As for what she has plotted, we shall see.

Damson: (Snickers) I must ask, Master, what of-

Onyx: Tyrian will be fine. Come. We have work to do.

Damson laughs and follows behind Onyx. Lavenza presses a few keys on his arm and walks off after Onyx and Damson. A smile slowly creeps onto his face.

______________________________________________________________

Inside Salem's council chamber, Onyx, Salem, Cinder, Damson, Lavenza and Tyrian all stand around the table. Maps of Vacuo, Atlas and some anatomy of Monstra is laid out. Salem sits at the head of the table with Onyx pacing around, looking over the maps. Damson and Tyrian sit on the same side of the table, looking at the maps as well as Lavenza stares at the Grimm anatomy Salem had provided.

Salem: Well?

Onyx: We have Three Relics. It should be easy going for a frontal assault. Whip out our opposition.

Salem: I was referring to Vale.

Onyx raises his eyebrow as Salem rolls out a map of Vale. Onyx looks visibly confused angered.

Onyx: What is this?

Salem: The plan. We moved onto Vale and find-

Onyx: That is idiotic.

The room falls silent. Salem glares back to Onyx.

Salem: Excuse me?

Onyx: To hell with Choice! Vacuo stands as the last beacon of humanity. The Guardian, Ozpin, the so called Simple Soul! All there! All waiting! We divert our forces back from Vale. Slam into Vacuo with no remorse or second thought. Overwhelm them.

Salem: And then what?

Onyx: Let me exterminate the Guardian. With Destruction, a single blow will be enough to eradicate him from existence. Ash in the wind. One final effort.

Salem: Are you certain you will be able to-

Onyx: Ozma is a dead man!

Onyx slams his fist down on the table, silencing Salem.

Onyx: To hell with the Gods! So long as we control both Creation and Destruction, we are gods once more! The second the Guardian dies without an heir, the second Ozpin submits! No more waiting. No more planning. No more second guesses. And no more time wasted on some WORTHLESS crown!

Salem looks on to Onyx mildly annoyed. Onyx, meanwhile, just glares back to her, enraged. She takes a deep breath and stands up.

Onyx: Let me make good on my proposal. Let me pull the final question from her lips.

Salem: If you want to win so badly, why do you not sink Sanus into the seas. Get it over with. What use do we have for these people anyway?

Onyx: They will be our citizens in the New Order.