Civil War

After the opening, a fade into Lavenza's lab. He is overseeing Judicator pods, getting them ready for deployment. Surprisingly, beside him is Damson's sane personality of The Doctor. The two of them pass by and around a few pods as a Lancer slowly grows in size at a rapid pace. Its eyes open, darting around to look at the two scientists outside. The Doctor stops himself and looks over to his lab partner.

The Doctor: The Lancer brood is awake. Ready for deployment.

Lavenza nods and turns up a dial on his pad. Some electricity shocks the newly born Lancer as the effects from Judicator rush throughout the Grimm's body. It shrieks out in pain before slowly calming down. The Doctor, meanwhile, walks past a few dead Ombre soldiers and a few unconscious Grimm.

The Doctor: I...I dont feel comfortable with this.

Lavenza turns back and looks at his counterpart. He walks over without hesitation and jabs a vial of the Judicator Serum into the neck of the corpse. Both The Doctor and Lavenza step back as the body jerks around. The corpse yells and screams, thrashing around on the table. Grimm ooze emerges from its veins and slowly seep along the body of the human. It seems the body is slowly becoming more and more accepting of the Grimm DNA.

However, after a few more seconds, the body almost breaks down and turns to ash as the Grimm DNA evaporates into nothingness. Lavenza rubs his chin a little before walking off.

The Doctor: What...what did you do?

Lavenza: Judicator rejected the cells of a mortal man. Yet Salem made it work. I intend the crack the code so to speak.

Lavenza begins to mix some chemicals together. He writes down some notes rather quickly as he continues to mix the chemicals together. He glances over to the Relic of Knowledge and grabs it. He looks it over a bit and growls sharply.

Lavenza: What a useless question. How I could have been so stupid? S-So non-specific that I lead us down this path! I could have asked about the unlimited knowledge of the cosmos, been able to solve every problem before they arisen! I could have ended this war weeks ago! I could have-

The Doctor places a hand on Lavenza's shoulder. The Doctor offers a slight smile to Volt.

The Doctor: We all make mistakes. It's a part of-

Lavenza: Only bastards and fools make mistakes. And we...we are gods!

Lavenza pushes him back and grabs the new formula. He goes to another body and injects the formula into the neck of the soldier. Her body begins to morph a little as a Grimm like skeleton covers her body. Lavenza and the Doctor take a step back as they see the mutation form. Lavenza watches as he goes over to a work bench with a robotic arm and slowly begins tear this black ooze apart and reform it.

Lavenza: She wont survive.

The Doctor: How...how do you know that?

Lavenza points back and The Doctor sees the Grimm ooze wrap around her body before slowly turning to stone and then to ash.

Lavenza: I will have to build it from scratch from the looks of things.

The doors to the lab open and Onyx walks inside. The two of them step back and look rather surprised as he walks into the room. Onyx looks to see the Grimm being constructed and Judicator making some progress.

Onyx: Is this the last batch?

Lavenza: Sadly yes. The formula is easy to complete. But without Dr. Merlot's notes and my own mind faltering...I...this is all we have left. Forgive me.

Onyx places a hand on Lavenza's shoulder and nods. Onyx steps back a little and looks at the progress made so far.

Onyx: See to it that you finish the new girl and quickly. Ozpin and his armies march on us. Any day now they can and will strike us down.