Refugee Crisis

After the opening, Theodore opens the doors to his office, still in a wheel chair. Inside already is Qrow, Ruby, Jaune, Mason, Evie, March, Isaac and Glynda Goodwitch. They all remain silent as Theo wheels himself up to his desk and says nothing. Once there, he turns around to face the group of huntsmen and generals.

Theodore: Do we have ANY progress on where to go from here?

The group remains silent. Theo groans a little and runs his hands down his face. He stops and looks to Ruby and Jaune.

Theodore: Why are they even here?

Qrow: They know what they are doing, Theo.

Theodore: Then where is the boy?

Ruby: Oscar's with...the Guardian?

Theodore: (Sighs) Typical.

Glynda: Maybe we should talk crisis before criticism?

Theo nods and pulls up a holographic map of Vacuo. The city is shown to have more shanty towns, refugee centers and defenses built up way past the walls. A few other towns spring up with Atlesian and BIC cruisers over each of them.

Isaac: Our evacuation efforts payed off early on. Civilian populations in the outskirts of the kingdom were left largely unharmed. And while some percentage did drop in the latter half of the evacuation efforts, largely they were unharmed. And with the fall of Fort Frollo, pushing back the Grimm, we have been able to rebuild some of these towns. Refugees have widely returned to their native towns but...that hasn't stopped all of them.

Glynda: Atlas citizens are refusing to go out into the wild. So, the refugee centers built for Vacuoan citizens are just being filled almost immediately.

Mason: And there are still the people coming into the city to rally and fight against the Grimm. Even with the outlining towns and villages being filled, there is very little in terms of housing for these people. Let alone a stable living conditions. This is going to tank the economy of the entire kingdom at this rate.

Theo rests his head in his hands. He takes a deep breath and slowly raises his head.

Theodore: So, what are our options?

Glynda: Speaking to the newly elected Atlesian council, they are insistent on staying in Vacuo until they can ensure safe transport either back to Atlas itself or to Vale or Mistral.

Theodore: What say them?

Glynda: Vale can only take so much. They are still dealing with the fallout from Beacon. Even with the limited progress made against Salem's forces, work is still moving slowly.

Jaune: What about Mistral?

Evie: Mistral has yet to respond to our requests. But it is highly likely they will agree. Whether the odds remain in our favor or not is still open to debate. But with the close historical ties, we have a solid chance.

Theodore: That only handles Atlas. And even then to a limited degree.

The room falls a little silent. Glancing back and forth, Qrow looks over to Isaac.

Qrow: We're figure things out, Theo.

Theodore: Then stop saying we will and figure things out!

Theo slams his hand down onto his desk. Ruby jumps back a bit. She looks back to Jaune as Theo takes a deep breath. Mason walks up and places a hand on his shoulder.

Mason: As for the other nations coming to Vacuo, we dont have a confirmed solution. Temporary, the Vacuoan council has built shanty towns behind Vacuo, moving down to the south. Southern port cities are also seeing a surge in population but nothing as drastic as Vacuo.

Team FLME: Volume 10On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara