Salvage

After the opening, two Mantas fly over the sands of Vacuo. In each of them stands Teams FLME, VILE, SSMR and WIOW. SSMR and WIOW are together in one while FLME and VILE are in the other. Fred is looking out across the desert sands as the two teams fly into the remains of Fort Frollo. Fred glares a little as the two ships make a passover of the massive remains. A few Grimm scamper off as do local desert life. Fred waves the ships to dive down and both do so with ease.

Fred: Down on the bluff!

A few moments later, the four teams of huntsmen are searching the debris of Fort Frollo, overturning rubble and destroying some stones. Fred and Ember push a wall down and sees a few dead bodies of some Ombre Army soldiers. Fred glances away as Ember stares down at them. Fred walks on and Ember kneels down, inspecting both bodies. As he walks off, Fred is intercepted by Leia and May.

Leia: Anything?

Fred: Just the last of the soldiers unaccounted for.

May: And I take it none are...

Fred: Yeah.

May nods and walks up to be with Ember. Ember runs his hands down the soldiers faces, closing their eyes. May walks up next to him and sees his actions. Slowly, Ember picks up one of the bodies and sees May watching him. She goes down and grabs the other body and joins him. The two of them walk out from the rubble and gently lay each body down onto a bag in front of Magnus Crimson.

Magnus looks down and seems saddened by the dead bodies in front of him. Ember and May walk off, patting Magnus on the shoulder as they pass. He watches the two walk off as Solomon walks up to him and grabs one of the body bags with Ireland. Magnus just watches as the body is moved. He gulps a little as Willow steps up beside him.

Willow: Gross.

Magnus: They were just people.

Willow: They were also trying to kill us...so...yeah.

Magnus just shrugged as he walked away. Willow quickly joined him.

Magnus: Why are we even on salvage team anyway? Shouldn't we be using our time to prep for the ground assault.

Willow: Didn't your team also run salvage with Inverno a few years ago?

Magnus: We run it every once in a while. But nothing crazy again and again like this. Just think the job is boring is all.

Willow: Sometimes the boring jobs give us the best loot though.

Magnus: And you're thinking about money and gear because...

Willow: Well, we were part of the army that went ahead and brought this thing to the ground. Why don't we get first dips on the stuff they got laying around here? Speaking of, could you...?

Willow pointed to some fallen debris. Magnus nodded and walked over, using his semblance and lifted all the metal up. He took a few deep breaths as Willow slips under and pulls out what seems like a trunk. Magnus drops the debris and she quickly rummages through the box. Magnus walks over and they are soon joined by Olive.

Olive: What have you got?

Willow: Not sure. Just seems like more old files.

Magnus knelt down beside her and looked them over. He grabbed a few pages and flipped through them rapidly.

Magnus: Lots of notes about high end weaponry. Blue prints mostly.

Magnus turns and sees Leia and Fred walking and talking.

Magnus: Scorch! Burns!

The two glance over. Magnus waves to them. The two make their way on over and stand beside him.