The Long Goodbye

After the opening, Mason, Evie, Ember and May continue their fight against Mercury. Mercury continues to back away as Mason and Ember lead on with up close distractions. May leaps up and fires a sniper round. Mercury kicks Ember back, barely avoiding the shot himself. However, he leaves himself open to a swift attack from Evie who stabs his metal foot and slams his head down onto the hilt of the blade. Evie ducks down as Mason runs up and kicks Mercury back, tearing his metal leg apart as he trips over Evie.

May uses the chaos to fire at his other leg, rending Mercury unable to move. Mason stomps down onto the boy's chest and glares down at him. He grabs Mercy's throat and throws him down to the ground. Mason glares into his eyes until Evie walks up with cuffs and binds Mercury's arms to them.

Evie: That should keep in tightly secured.

Mason: Good. Call in an evac bird. Let's get out of here.

Ember: Not yet.

Mason and Evie look over to their son as he stares out to Fred and Onyx's cosmic clash. Ember glances back to his parents.

Ember: He needs us. I'm not going to leave him to Onyx. Not again.

Evie walked up to her son and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Evie: I know where you are coming from. Years ago...I would have done the same thing for Abraham. But that is only going to get you killed.

Ember: I know! But..I just...I cant leave him to-

Evie: Ember. You arent. You're letting him handle things.

Evie steps around Ember and looks him in the eyes. She offers up a slight smile to him.

Evie: Trust him. And if things get too hot-

Ember: But what if we're not there. What if-

Evie: Sweetie. You've always been a more, go with the flow type of person. Let it flow. I...

Evie glances back to the fight between Guardian and Gladiator. She takes a deep breath as she looks back to Ember.

Evie: I dont know if we can fight against that. Not right now.

Ember nods reluctantly.

Ember: Ok...

Evie smiles and kisses him on the forehead. She walks off as May joins Ember on the cliff. She glances over to him.

May: My parents could always use a rescue. Assuming they haven't been overrun when that retreat order came through.

Ember: The Grimm are holding firm. Their head is occupied at the moment.

May gives him a slightly concerning look. He takes a deep breath and gives off a smile in return.

Ember: I trust that they are fine. But it doesnt hurt to look. At least you can see this one from space.

Ember gestured to the dual at hand and chuckled a little. May smiled and grabbed his hand. She dragged him slowly away before he came willingly as a Mistral airship landed nearby. The five of them get onto the ship and fly off, over the dual of the two great gods beneath them.

__________________________________________________________

Slowly, the Snorri lands down onto the stone earth of Evernight. Theodore sighs a little and pats the console of the bridge. He looks to his crew and gives little smiles here and there. He glances up however once he hears a massive roar. Using his wheelchair, Theodore rolls forward and sees the Harrapari fly overhead with a Manta hot on its trail, Damson standing on the wing of the ship.