Shadow's Fall

After the opening, Leia, May and Ember are still fighting the oncoming waves of Grimm. Ember cuts down a Beowolf through its jaws, slicing it in half and throwing one of his knives onto another one. Leia and May shoot the last few Boarbatusks before they charge down at Ember. All three get to their feet and stretch a little, before Ember starts to take point, moving across the cliffs as the battle unfolds around them.

Leia: May, anymore coming our way?

May aims down sights, looking at both the Citadel and the surrounding plains.

May: Nothing really. Seems we made ourselves relatively unknown.

Leia: Good. We need to make sure we are keeping it that way.

Ember: Wont be for long.

Leia: What do you mean?

Leia and May run up to catch up to Ember. They stop once they see the pools of Grimm in the small valley in front of them. Ember readies his pistols as a single Beowolf begins to slowly crawl out from a nearby pool. Leia, without skipping a beat, takes off her backpack and begins to rummage through it.

May: What have you got?

Leia: Well, using the few sample's of Penny's blood I've been working on some new tech.

Ember: I thought it was just engines?

Leia: Ember. I'm a scientist. But I'm also a huntress.

Ember: Meaning?

Leia sighs as she takes out a barrel filled with what looks like a blue liquid.

Leia: If Grimm are the embodiment of pure destruction and chaos, then by using the sample from Penny's blood, I may be able to at least stun lock the pools with creation.

Leia takes aim, taking in a small deep breath as she aims down sights towards the Beowolf and Grimm pool. She fires and the Grimm dies instantly. However, little to no effect happens initially. She steps back and groans a little.

Leia: Guess some more testing is needed?

May grabs Leia's chin and turns her head towards the pools. There is some stone forming on the ripples of the pool. Leia gasped a little and continued to fire at the pool. More stone formed over the ripples. After what feels like an eternity, the pool is completely covered.

Ember: I...wow...you...you did it.

Leia: Yeah...just one problem.

Ember: Which is?

Leia: Took up half the battery just for that one pool. And I only have so many. So...not sure if this is going to be viable or not.

Ember takes one of the barrels in his hand tossing it up and down. He looks at one of the nearby pools and just tosses the barrel into it.

Leia: Ember!

Ember: You still got more. And you're over here thinking it wasnt going to work.

Leia: That doesnt mean get rid of them.

May slowly made her way over to the pool where Ember had just thrown the barrel. It slowly begins to bubble up a bit.

Ember: It's not like Penny is going to die anytime soon...for like...the third time. I hope.

Leia: It's not even about that. It's about-

May: Hey guys? I think it worked.

Leia and Ember both turn to look at May. She walks between the pools of Grimm to investigate. Ember is quick to attempt to chase her down but Leia stops him. May kneels down and lightly touches the ground. Rubbing her hand along the ground, she feels it get a little more course and rough. She takes a small chunk of the ground and walks back over to Leia with it.