chapter 16

has been a week since Alex saw the beautiful face of his wife, Emily, he's been searching all the places she could be, but none of it it's been touch for Emily, Alex with his stubble, misaligned, with the same clothes for 3 days, and on top with big dark circles due to lack of sleep, Alex has not been able to sleep since his bed is empty, the absence of Emily consuming and there a day in which Alex is not blamed for the stupidity he committed, with a bottle of Jack Daniels in hand, Alex tries to mitigate the great void that the absence of his wife has left in his heart, as a way to remember all the torture and each of the moments of that day.....

Alex was sitting in his black leather chair gazing the view of his office, he called his wife but it seems she has her smart phone turn off, maybe she still on the doctor's office, his phone go off  and take the call...

"Boss the delivery you been expecting has arrived"

A  happy Alex remember the important package, he bought it to her beautiful Emily..

"Alright Sarah go get the package and then take your lunch, I'll be waiting for my wife to take mine."

"clear boss, I'll be going right away, but before I'll leave,there is a gift for you, I check and it doesn't have a sender address"

"bring it to me Sarah"

A minute later there was a knock on the door  and Sarah put the rectangular package on top of his mahogany desk, she said her good byes to her boss and Alex was left alone in his office but also the other employes went to take their lunches as well, Alex observed the leather box and he opened, inside was a bottle of his favorite cognac HENRI IV limited edition, the bottle  the silver  color and beside of the bottle was a note that it says..

"to a beautiful man, who deserves to be pampered every second of the day, can't wait to see you again.. LOVE YOU"

Alex read the message and with a smile on his face opened the bottle and he went to find a glass, he pour the golden liquid  and when the cognac reach his throat, he felt an odd smell and the flavor of the cognac was also odd too, Alex didn't finish  the glass and he stand up with a few strides was on the door  he put the glass on top of the small tables next to the door, he touch the door knob and a wave of dizziness came over him, he must to touch the chair in front of him back to his desk to prevent an imminent fall when he was on his leather chair he closed his eyes and barely heard the click of his door opened, after that Alex have vague memories of what happened, he remember been touch and somebody take his clothes off, also he felt somebody straddling him but Alex didn't have the strength  enough to push this person away, also he remember the moment of someone throw away the glass of cognac when he finally could focus his glance, he saw the pain, the betrayal, and also the hate in Emily's eyes, Alex eyes land on the person whom is on top of him and to his utter surprises was Jessica, naked and he discovered his bareness too, the only phrase that came to his mouth was ....

"EMILY LET ME EXPLAIN I DIDN'T DO"and she cut him off and said  the most hurtful things..." Saved it Alex you don't worth my time. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and have a nice life"despair in his voice was notable, and  Alex with a last intent of catch the attention of his wife said.."WAIT DON'T GO EMILY HEAR ME OUT!!!"...

Emily went out of his office and without a word he took Jessica  throw her to the floor and in a  ungentlemanly way, no word were spoken between Jessica and Alex when  he put his clothes on he saw the smug smile on Jessica's face in that moment he knew she was behind all of this bullshit, Alex ran to the bank of elevators and saw the doors starting to close with Emily inside the only thing he could shout was "it was a misunderstood" what a lame excuse he thought to himself...