rain ─ 6

PS : This is still Rosette's POV but in the past. 

trigger warning : violence, sexual assault, death.

ROSETTE

"Mom! I have a surprise for you," I showed my mom my drawing. It's a family drawing with Mom, Dad, Me and Kuya Rael. She smiled at me and got back to her work, on her Laptop.

My smile faded when i realize this is a familiar scene. Everytime i show my mom my work, she either smiled at me but not looking at my work or nodding at me but not looking at all.

My dad... he's a busy man. I rarely seen him in house, only kuya was there for me through the years. He's the older figure for me growing up.

"Taya merning, can you askh mimi if setset go to Lope's house? Please?" Yaya merning gave me a hesitating smile but she nodded. She dialed the phone number but both of my parents did not answer.

But still, yaya managed to get me in to Lope's house. Her family's nice! We're friends since we were a kid because my mom and her mom are also friends.

Dinner's ready, we went downstairs and i saw how Lope's mom, tita Jessica, pays attention to her. Binibigyan ng pagkain sa plato, hinihipan ang pagkain at tinatanong ito kung ano ang ginawa niya sa school.

"Why is my mom not like your mom?" I innocently asked my friend, nag kibit balikat lang siya at pinagpatuloy ang kaniyang pag lalaro. "Maybe because they're not look a like," she innocently answered.

Why is my mom not asking me how my day went on school? Why is she not preparing my food for me?

My little thoughts faded away when yaya merning smiled at me, she was there... she does that for me. She prepares my bath, my food and my clothes. She's always there not because of it's her job, it's because she love me as her own child.

But that changed when my dad decided to kick her out.

I saw how my dad hit her with the chair in his office, i saw my dad playing... playing with her. I saw them once and my Dad caught me. I innocently ask what they're doing but my Dad said they're just playing around.

I don't know what to think or what to do, everytime i see those things. I just ran and promised to myself that i will not say a word about what i'm seeing. My dad said so, that's the first time he talk to me nicely. 

"Wag na wag ka ng babalik sa pamamahay ko! Ipinag aral ko ang mga kapatid at anak mo ngunit ito ang isusukli mo sa'kin?! Ang pag nanakaw?!"

"Aalis talaga ako dito dahil masama kang tao!" Yaya merning said and she stormed off, completely forgetting about me.

Dad is good at manipulating people, he's very good at that aspect.

Days have passed but I did not heard a single thing about my yaya, she just disappeared. May bago na akong yaya ngunit mas gusto ko pa rin si yaya merning. I already treated her as my second mother figure and adjusting without her is both painful and confusing for me.

Days turned into months and years. One day, my worst nightmare came. Yaya merning was found dead at a parking lot in Quezon City.

I was just 9 years old... when she was found. Hindi sinasabi sa'kin ng mga magulang ko ang tungkol rito. I ask my mom about it but she says that I shouldn't worry about yaya too much because she's already resting in palace.

Me and my mom showed our respect to yaya merning family but they shouted at my mom saying that my dad.. our family killed their lost loved one.

Everything's too much for me, i decided to go out. I saw a little boy digging on a cement with a spoon and a cup. He looks musty and smelly.