Chapter 2

KRISTA'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes and I found myself in a room that I didn't recognise. I thought I was back in the work room and I had fallen asleep but, I was wrong. I looked around and the room that I'm in had that old 19th century feel to it. The furniture and the decor looked different compared to the modern ones. I stood up from the floor and when I looked down at myself, I noticed that I was wearing different clothes which took me by surprise.

I spotted a mirror and I walked towards it to look at myself. I was still the same person but, the clothes that I'm wearing are different. My outfit consists of a plain white shirt, a black under bust corset, grey leggings and dark brown calf boots. My hair is also tied back in a ponytail but it was held back by a black silky ribbon instead of the modern hair ties that I usually use.

'What the hell is going on? why do I look so different all of a sudden?' I asked myself before someone knocked on the door.

"Uh, come in," I spoke and then a blonde haired ballerina came into the room.

"Krista? are you okay?" The blonde hair woman asked with a worried look. I recognised her as Jennifer Ellison who played Meg in Phantom of the opera.

"I'm...fine, I think," I said as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Really? you don't look it. Did you pull another all nighter again?" Jennifer or Meg asked with a concerned look.

I gave her a confused look before pointing at the dress for the Think of Me scene that I was supposed to be working on.

"Um...yes, I did. I wanted to make sure it looks perfect," I explained myself so I didn't make it obvious that I didn't have a clue about what's going on right now.

"Geez, Carlotta's so mean. You're not her personal costume maker," Meg spoke with a small frown.

"I'm aware of that but, I don't mind," I tried telling until a brown haired woman came into the room. At first, I thought it was Emmy Rossum. I mean it is but, in this current situation, that's not her actual name.

"Is Krista okay?" Christine asked with a concerned look.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired from last night's work," I told them.

"Anyway, did you fix that tear in the skirt for the Hannibal scene?" Christine asked before I looked through the hangers and I found her skirt.

"Here it is, good as new," I spoke with a proud smile on my face.

"Fantastic! thank you so much," Christine smiled before Meg spoke up.

"We should get going, you know what the Madame is like if we're late again."

"Okay, see you later Krista," Christine told me before she and Meg left.

After they left, I sat down on the bed with a shocked and surprised look on my face. Somehow, I ended up in my favourite musical, the Phantom of the Opera and for some unknown reason, those two know me. I looked around 'my' room to see what I know about this Krista from the musical.

The dress that's on the mannequin is definitely the one that Christine is supposed to wear while she was singing Think of me. The desk has one of those old fashioned sewing machines that my Grandmother used in the past with some various colours of fabrics and leathers. This told me that this Krista still works as a costume designer, well, costume maker. I didn't think the word designer existed in this time period yet. I opened the wardrobes to see that I still had a keen eye for fashion and making my own outfits which explains the outfit that I'm wearing is easy to move about. In the drawers, I found two books, one is a sketchbook of the designs for each of the operas including Hannibal and the other one is a journal.