Chapter 12

KRISTA'S POV

After I got back, I was resting in the prima dona room and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened down there. Sure I should've followed the plot but, I didn't. I don't know what happened this morning is going to ruin the plot but, it was interesting to see what would've happened if Christine hadn't ripped off the mask. I like seeing Erik smiling and being friendly instead of the mean, scary opera ghost that everyone claims him to be. 

I was laying on the pink bed and I had one of Erik's roses in my hand. I was smiling at it and twirling it around in my fingers. I gently stroked the petals while replaying this morning's scene in my mind. Why Christinie chose Raoul over poor Erik, I will never know.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on the door. I got up from the bed with the rose in hand and opened the doors with a smile to see Christine, Meg and Madame Giry.

"Bon jour, mes amis (Good morning, my friends)," I greeted in French with a smile while the three of them looked at me with funny looks like I have lost my mind.

"Krista...are you okay?" Meg asked as I stepped aside and let them into the room.

"I have never felt better in my life, Meg," I grinned before humming a happy tune.

"Krista, we have been worried about you! where were you and...what have you got to be so happy about?" Christine asked as continued to hum and danced a little in the room.

"Let's just I had an...interesting night and this morning," I spoke with a smile while looking at the rose.

"What do you mean?" Christine asked with a worried look.

"Well...last night, I wanted to leave you and Raoul alone. You know, let you two to get reacquainted. I was heading back to my room when I met someone. Someone who treated me well last night and treated me to some breakfast this morning," I told them which took Christine and Meg by surprise.

"You met someone? no wonder you have a silly grin on your face. He's made you happy hasn't he?" Christine asked with a smirk and I nodded my head before she and Meg started squealing in excitment.

"Oh my goodness, Krista! you should've said!"

"I'm sorry for you worrying you and the De Changy brothers. That was not my intention," I told Christine with a sad expression.

"That's okay but, you better explain yourself to Philippe. He's been so worried about you," Christine told me.

"You're right. I'll be sure to explain to him the next time I see him," I told her while playing with the rose in my hands.

"Did this man give you that?" Meg asked as she looked at the rose.

"Yes, beautiful, isn't it?" I asked with a smile and they nodded their heads.

"That's enough you two. Let Krista rest, she's still recovering from last night," Madame Giry told them.

"Okay, we will be back later to check up on you," Meg told me before she and Christine left. Once they left, I looked at Madame Giry and gave me a stern look.

"Don't look at me like that. Erik hasn't done anything to me. We continued with our lessons and he treated me to some breakfast, that's all," I told her and then she smiled at me.

"If what you are saying is true, then I believe you. But, if he's done anything bad to you, let me know immediately," Madame Giry told me and I nodded my head before she left the room.

I giggled before I held the rose close to my chest. I was so happy right now but then I remembered there was something else from the movie that's supposed to happen. After Christine was sent back, a small flashback scene happened and then the manager, Raoul and Carlotta have received notes from Erik. Knowing this, I placed the rose on the make-up table and I left the room. I sneaked to the entrance hall and hid behind a pillar to see Andre and Firim and they were singing about the notes they had received from Erik.