Chapter 9

KRISTA'S POV

After pulling me through the mirror, Erik continued to lead me through the narrow hallways. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He looks exactly like Gerald Butler when he played the phantom in the movie. He has silky black hair, beautiful dark blue eyes, and he's wearing the white half mask. I snapped out of my thoughts when he turned his head to look at me and he smirked at me as he continued to lead me through the narrow pathways.

I couldn't believe my eyes! Erik is taking me to his lair. I always fan girl at this part and I always dreamed of him taking me to his lair and now its happening. As we are walking through the hallways, there are some candelbras along the walls and they were being held by golden hands. They moved away as we walked passed them. I can hear the opening song to Phantom of the Opera. I couldn't help but sing Christine's parts.

"In sleep, he sang to me. In dreams he came. That voice which calls to me. And speaks my name. And do I dream again for now I find. The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside my mind."

While I sang this part, Erik stopped for a moment without releasing my hand and using his other one to pick up a torch from the wall and he continued to lead me through the hallway. We climbed down a spiral staircase and as I looked up, we are well below the Pirmia donna's dressing room. Once we got to the bottom, a black horse was standing there, waiting for us. I love horses but, I've never ridden one before. Erik could sense my nervousness before he gently rubbed his thumb over my hand before he started singing.

"Sing once again with me. Our strange duet. My power over you. Grows stronger, yet. And though you turn from me, to glance behind. The Phantom of the Opera is here. Inside your mind."

While Erik sang this, he helped me onto the black horse's back. I held onto the reins for dear life as he led the horse through the hallways until we came across an under ground river system. There's also the famous gondola and there are two lanterns lit on each side of it. Erik stopped the horse and then he came back to me before he placed his hands on my waist and helps me off of the horse's back. Erik led me the gondola and helped me onto it before he did. I sat down and I can feel my inner phantom girl screaming because this is every fans' dream to be here. I held back my excitement as Erik picks up a long pole to push the gondola forwards.

"Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear," I sang as I looked forward.

"Its me they hear..." Erik sang.

"Your/my spirit and my/your voice in one combined. The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside your/my mind,"  We sang in unison.

"He's there, the Phantom of the Opera. Beware, the Phantom of the Opera," The echoes of the chorus singers sang before the climate of the song started. They didn't use that part in the movie but, they did for the stage version of this song.

"In all your fantasy, you always knew. That man and mystery," Erik sang.

"Were both in you," I sang back.

"And in this labyrinth, where night is blind. The Phantom of the Opera is here/there, inside my/your mind," We sang in unison once more as we approached the iron gates which led to Erik's lair.

"He's there...the phantom of the Opera," I sang before I sang the vocal part of the song.

"Sing, my angel of music!" Erik commanded me as the curtains pulled back and then the gate raised.

I continued to sing as we made our way closer to his lair. I looked around the room to see a huge organ, papers that have been scattered everywhere, candles lit everywhere and there's a lot of pictures and drawings as well. His home is exactly like the one in the movie.