Chapter 8

KRISTA'S POV

As I made my way to Prima Donna's dressing room, a lot of my fans and admires were congratulating me and they were trying to give me some flowers. I can barely hear from all of the shouting and cheering and clapping around me. I guess after not being on stage for the last 5 years can do that to you. Thankfully, Annette, Madame Giry and Meg helped me get through the large crowd without getting squashed.

"Meg, Christine, go back to the ballet rooms. I will take care of Krista. You as well Annette, get back to your room as well."

"Yes ma'am," They spoke in unison before Madame Giry grabbed my hand and took me to the Prima Donna's room. Among the crowd I spotted Raoul and Christine together and they were hugging each other. I smiled at them but, I felt bad because Christine was supposed to be in my place but no, for some unknown reason I took her place instead.

We finally got to the Prima donna's dressing room and then Madame Giry closed the door behind her. I can't wait to get out of this dress. Don't get me wrong, I did a fantastic job with the design but, holy crap! how can the women of this century walk with these skirts?! I'm starting to see why the other Krista preferred to wear something that doesn't require a skirt.

"You did very well, my dear," Madame Giry spoke with a proud smile as she gave me a red rose with a black ribbion which made me smile.

"He is pleased with you."

"I'm glad he's also pleased," I spoke with a smile as admired the rose.

"Get some rest my dear," Madame Giry told me before leaving the room.

I sat down at the make-up table while gently stroking the rose petals. I couldn't help but smile as I thought about Erik and how pleased he is with my singing voice. I still couldn't believe that I was still able to sing Think of me even with Erik's training. 

"Little Dea, let her mind wonder," A voice that suddenly spoke up before I turned to see who came into the room and it's Philippe. "Little Dea thought, 'am I fonder of dolls or of goblins or shoes?'"

"Philippe," I pretended to be pleased to see him and he chuckled before placing the flowers on the table and came over to me.

"Or of riddles or frocks?"

"Those picnics in the flower fields."

"Or of chocolates."

"Mother singing lullabies to us," I spoke like it was something that was meant to say instead of Christine's lines.

"As we read each other about the stories of the dark north," Philippe smiled as he held my hand tenderly.

"No - what I love the best, Dea said is when I'm asleep in my bed..." I spoke before singing the line that Christine was meant to sing with Raoul.

"And the angel of music of music sings songs in my head," I sang softly.

"The angel of music sings songs in my head," We both sang in unison and we smiled at each other before Philippe hugged me tightly.

"Oh you sound like an angel tonight. It has been so long since you've been on stage."

"You...know what happened to mother?" I asked softly before he pulled away from me.

"Yes...how could I not know. I couldn't believe what happened to your mother. You even gave up your career as a performer, Dea. Why?" Philippe asked with sad look as he tenderly stroked my cheek.

"I couldn't bring myself to do it...it didn't feel right. Not having my mother beside me," I spoke softly as I held his hand. I don't know what had gotten into me but, I decided to play along. I guess this is how the other Krista would've reacted if she did see Philippe again.

"But, things have changed now," I spoke with a smile.

"They certainly have. What made you decide to perform again?" Philippe asked.

"Well, do you remember when mother said if anything were to happen to me, I will send an angel of music to guide and protect you," I spoke the same but different lines to Philippe.

"Yes, I remember."

"Well, she's gone now Philippe and now I've been visited by the angel of music. He was the one who helped me to get back to where I am now," I smiled sadly at him but he didn't look like he believed me.

"Oh no doubt about it."

"You know, I saw Raoul and Christine. They look so cute together," I smiled and Philippe nodded his head.

"Yes I saw them. Little brother still has feelings for her. Anyway, you, Christine, my little brother and I will now go to supper," Philippe told me before standing up.

"Philippe, I don't think that's a good idea. The angel of music is a strict teacher," I tried to tell him but, he wasn't listening.

"*chuckle* little Dea, still loving to make up stories to entertain me. You never change," Philippe chuckled before he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Please Philippe, listen to me," I tried telling him but he headed towards the door and said, "I shan't keep you any longer. Two minutes, Dea."

"Philippe, wait!" I tried to stop him but he had already left.

I sighed heavily before I looked at the mirror on the make up table and mumbled at my reflection, "What did you ever see him?"

There was no way i can convince Philippe that the angel of music is real and I knew what was going to happen next. Erik would have locked the door to make sure that I can't escape or let Philippe into the room. I came out from behind the dressing screen after changing into a silky white dress that I wore like a nightgown and a lacy white robe. I tied the belt around my waist before I walked towards the mirror on the make up table to fix my hair so its not as knotty. I was about to tie it back until the candles flicked and then every single one of them got blown out.

My eyes widen and then my heart started beating quickly in excitement because Erik is here. I was about to make my way to the door until Erik's angry voice boomed throughout the room.

"Insolent boy! This slave of fashion, basking in your glory! Ignorant fool! This brave young suitor, sharing in my triumph!" 

My body shook in fear when I heard that angry sound but, I calmed myself down and sang the next part of the song to calm him down.

"Angel, I hear you. Speak, I listen...stay by my side, guide me! Angel, my soul was weak - forgive me...enter at last, master!" I sang out softly.

"Flattering child, you shall know me, see why in shadow I hide. Look at your face in the mirror..." Erik sang as I slowly looked at the mirror to see his figure. "I am there inside!"

My eyes widen when I saw him, Erik! he's right there in the mirror. I could feel my heart skipping a beat after seeing his figure. Mist seeped into the room and all of sudden I felt like I was in a trance with a small smile on my face as I slowly approached the mirror.

"Angel of music! my guide and guardian! Grant me your glory! Angel of music! Hide no longer! Come to me, strange angel!" I sang out to him before he started to sing the next part which continued to put me in a trace.

"I am your angel of music...come to me, angel of music," Erik sang softly before I heard someone trying to open the door.

"Whose is that? Who is that in there?!" I heard Philippe shouted from the other side of the door as he jiggled the door knob and banged on the door.

"Krista! Krista!" Philippe shouted but, I didn't hear him as I was fixated on Erik.

"I am your angel of music...come to me, angel of music."

I slowly walked to the mirror and then Erik held out his hand for me. I raised mine to take his but I was a little hesitant because Christine is supposed to be the one doing this not me but, I knew there was no going back now. I took a deep breath before I took his black gloved hand and then he gently pulled me through the mirror until it slid shut behind me, leaving me alone with the Phantom of the Opera.