Chapter 7

KRISTA'S POV

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap! This was not supposed to happen. Chrstine is supposed to sing, not me! If I do this, the whole movie would fall a part! wait, why am I saying this for?! the whole thing is a mess from the beginninig!

I looked at Christine with a shocked and dumbfounded look and she looked as shocked as I was until she smiled at me.

"Did you hear that Krista, this is your chance."

"No way, this should be your big chance, Christine," I whispered back. 

"No, this is your chance. You should sing it," Christine told me.

I was shocked that she was even letting me do this. I thought for sure that she wanted to be the one to sing it, but then again, she did seem determine to make me sing in front of everyone but, I swore that I wouldn't sing again until now.

"What, a costume girl? don't be silly," Andre spoke which made me glare at him.

"Hey! what's that supposed to mean?!"

"She's got a natural singing voice and she's been taking lessons from a great teacher," Madame Giry told them which took me by surprise.

'How the hell does she know that Erik has been giving me lessons?' I thought to myself before Andre asked me.

"Who?"

"I-I don't know his name Monsieur," I spoke timidly.

"Let her sing, Monsieur. I have heard her sing before and she has been taught well," Madame Giry spoke proudly as she rubbed my shoulder.

Andre and Firmin looked at each other before Andre sighed in defeat and said, "All right, come on. Don't be shy. Come on, come along, just..."

I looked at Christine before I slowly walked to the centre of the stage. I felt sick to my stomach as I stood in the centre of the stage. Singing alone and in front of Erik is one thing but to do it in front of everyone...I don't think i can do this.

"From the beginning of the aria then please, mademoiselle."

I nodded my head slowly, as I heard the pianist beginning to play the song. Come on Krista, you can do this. You can sang in front of people before, right?

"Andre, this is doing nothing for my nerves,."

"She is very pretty."

When it got to the part where I was meant to sing, i froze on the spot. The words wouldn't come out.

"Come on Krista! sing!" Christine encouraged me before they started the song again and then I started singing.

Play video

Think of me.
Think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye.
Remember me; once in a while please promise me you'll try.

As I sang, I didn't notice the other cast members and the two managers look at me with shocked expressions on their faces

"When you find that, once again, you long to take your hear back and be free - if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me."

TIME SKIP TO THE PERFORMANCE...

I stood on stage with a lot of confidence in my voice and posture. I'm also wearing the Think of Me dress and my hair was tied back and curled with a little flower crown placed on my head.