6. Birthday Wish

Title: Birthday Wish

Author: Captain Gay

Status: Completed

Relationship: Katelena

Summary: "Do you want to celebrate it?"

She glanced over at Kate, taking in her hesitant look. It dawned on her, she didn't know. This year and the one before, she had been so busy keeping herself together that she hadn't even stopped to wonder if she even wanted to celebrate. Last year she would have immediately said no. The pain of finding out her sister had died after spending five and a half years without her, all in what felt like the blink of an eye to Yelena. It was too much. It still hurt, but... was it still too much or was she just afraid?

"We don't have to if you don't want," Kate rushed to reassure. "I just thought... you deserve to have a happy birthday. Um, no pun intended."

Yelena thought about it. For years, in the rare quiet moments she had to herself, she dreamed about a life after the Red Room. A life with Natasha, with even Melina and Alexei. She once believed they were a real family, and after she had figured out the truth she still held out hope they could become one. Those hopes and dreams were shattered after the blip.

Maybe it was about time to start picking up the pieces. Maybe she could create some new hopes and dreams for the future. She just needed to take it one step at a time.

Chapters: 5

Words: 9,597

Characters:

Kate Bishop

Yelena Belova

Lucky

Melina Vostokoff

Minor Relationship(s): N/A

Friendship(s):

Yelena Belova & Melina Vostokoff

Warning(s): N/A

My Rating: 10/10

Fav Quote(s):

"Your favorite color for my birthday?"

"Well, I think it's worth it."

"Just frost the damn cake."

"Shoo!" (A/N: fav part)

"You never told me you could sing,"

My Comments/Thoughts: kate would definitely do this.

Also not that I think about it, why isn't there a fic dedicated to Yelena being surprised and awestruck with the fact that Kate can sing?

Yelena's birthday wish!! <3

Website: AO3

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/44315698/chapters/111448267