Chapter 13: The Piano

Once inside the cage, you and Maria looked around to see that it was suddenly nighttime.

Not to mention that the area felt so abandoned and scary.

Maria: Very scary

You nodded as you both walked into the mansion. It felt so empty once inside. Maria hugged herself and shivered a bit.

Maria: So cold...

You nodded as you both walked around the mansion, checking every room for her sister or any Power Stars.

Soon, you both came across a door and you were about to grab it until a faint but noticeable music playing in the other side of the door.

You froze in fear as you knew what's behind that door.

Maria: What is it?

You: Haunted Piano...

Mario: *scoffs* Oh come on, there's no such thing as that!

She gave a smirk and opened the door.

You: Don't!

You both the piano there as it was playing by itself.

Mario: Ooooh! So scary~!

You: Don't say I didn't warn you.

You grabbed a random book and held it as if it was a shield as you both went in. The piano kept playing as you quickly ran over to the other door, which would lead to the next room.

Maria: See? Nothing to worry about!

The piano suddenly stopped playing as she grinned. She then turned around slowly and suddenly the piano attacked her as she screamed. She immediately jumped back as the piano was now chasing them, sharp teeth and all as you quickly opened the door and ran through it. Maria followed suit and she slammed the door hard as piano slammed into the door, letting out a pained whimper before going back to its spot.

You were both panting heavily. Maria had her back pressed against the window as you huddled onto the floor
and kept repeating this one line.

You: *mutters repeatedly* Every Mario 64 is personalized.

Maria: (Y/N)?

You didn't hear as you kept repeating that line again and again until she shook you out of it.

You: Huh?!

Maria: Snap out of it! Also, what's a 'Mario 64'?

You took a few deep breaths and looked at her.

You: If I told you, you'd think I'm crazy.

She gave you a raised eyebrow.

You: Let's just get the Star and get out of here.