Chapter 15: What about Mario 64?

You and Maria left the haunted house and was back at the castle. As you both walked over to the doors, Maria stopped you.

You: What?

You looked at her as she crossed her arms.

Maria: Are you going to tell me about Mario 64?

You sighed as you kind of knew that was going to happen.

You: Okay. I'll tell you.

You and Maria found a place to sit near the main area of the castle as the Toads left to do their jobs.

You: Okay. What I'm about to tell you is probably crazy.

Maria: Oh, so fighting a crazy ghost lady isn't crazy?

You: Touché. Anyway, I'm from another world. A universe, you could say. And in that universe, you and pretty much everything here is seen as a video game. And you and your sister happened to be guys.

Maria raised an eyebrow.

Maria: Okay and what's wrong with us not being a girl?

You: I didn't mean it like that. I'm just surprised. Anyway, the video game is called 'Super Mario 64' and this whole castle is where you would explore the worlds inside the paintings and save the Princess.

Maria: Okay....and where does this 'personalized' bit come in?

You: According from my universe, people who replayed the game when they were older would say they felt a bit scared because each time they played the game, it would supposedly change. The biggest one that was known was a giant head of Wario coming after you and you couldn't escape. And you die.

Maria: Wari- Oh, you mean Waria?

You blinked at that.

You: You mean to tell there's a female version of him? Does she look ugly?

Maria: Hey....

You: Sorry! It's just Wario looks completely ugly, fat and smells really bad and really, really loves money.

Maria: Well, Waria isn't like that, except for the money part. I've seen her hoard money like it's no tomorrow.

You nodded.

Maria: Is there a chance that floating head will happen?

You: I hope to whatever higher being here is listening because I do not want it to happen.

-Somewhere in Shooting Star Summit-

A group of stars had gathered around and heard your wish and was pretty much at the request.

???: Such a peculiar wish.

???2: Well, he doesn't want to die.

???3: Well, we did bring him here. We should at least give him this.

The rest of the group and glowed, granting your wish.

-Back to you and Maria-

You and Maria had finished talking about the game. Maria was deep in thought.

Maria: So, since you know what happens here. Does that mean you might know some of the future adventures?

You: Honestly, if I told you about it. It'd be cheating. I'll be like your hint guide and I still want to help out.

She nods and smiles.

Maria: Great! Let's-a go!

She gets up and did her pose. You got up and chuckled as she kissed your cheek, getting you both to blush heavily.

Maria: That's for being honest with me.

You nodded as you both went upstairs to head to Luiga.