Alone in the Woods

Ruby stares at the moon through a window, sitting on the staircase. Snow is drizzling outside. Ruby checks on Blake, Weiss, and Yang, who are sitting on the rug and staring at the fire from the fireplace. Maria reads a book while sitting on the sofa, and Oscar paces back and forth. After checking on the others, Ruby stands up and walks toward Qrow. Qrow is sitting nearby the window, looking outside with his feet propped on the drawer, "Storm's cleared up for now. We should be able to leave by morning."

"That's good."
"No... I don't have a good feeling about this place, especially with me around..."Ruby looks down at a wine bottle on the floor with Qrow's hand hovering near it, then looks at him, "Are you... okay?"
"Sure. Tell everyone to get some sleep. I'll wake you guys up just before sunrise."Ruby walks away as Qrow drinks from the wine bottle. Ruby pauses and looks back at him before narrowing her eyes downward.Back in the other room, the fire continues to burn. The book Maria is reading has a "III" on the cover, with the other two volumes on a nearby table, "It's a diary?"

"The head of this household, Bartleby. Apparently, he and several other families founded this little settlement to try and live on their own. It sounds like it worked, at least for a spell."
"Grimm?"
"Just one of many hardships. Slowed down their farming and made everything harder... It's a shame. He seemed like quite the ambitious fellow, always thinking of new schemes to overcome the odds."
Ruby walks back into the room, "Hey guys. Qrow said we should get some sleep. We're gonna head out early tomorrow."
"Thank goodness."Everyone gets up to get ready to sleep. Maria hops off the couch, "Hmph, the last thing you'll catch me doing is letting some kid tell me what to do." In a mimicking voice, "Go to bed!" Maria sits in an armchair, turns on the lamp next to it, and continues reading from the book. Ruby shrugs and smiles before going to sleep herself. 

You stayed up to watch as everyone slept, a lot had happened today, and you weren't sure how to feel about the situation, 'Saint?' Your turn your head, hearing your name being called.
"Tamish?" You whispered as you stood up, making your way to the front door; Qrow was asleep. You take the bottle of wine moving it to the side. You looked out the window, seeing a few Sphinxes wandering around the area. You couldn't open the door since it would alert Qrow, so you went upstairs and entered one of the rooms with a fairly large window.

You place your hand on the glass frame, and your presence alerts the Sphinxes; as they begin to make their way to the house, you raise your hand, signaling them to stop, and they follow your order. You open up the window, then proceed to jump out. Ajin manifested on the ground to catch you.
"Thank you, Ajin."
You began walking away from the house, "Ajin, do you think I should go to Atlas alone?" Ajin doesn't say anything, which causes you to smile.
"You are using Ajin as a vessel again?"
Ajin grew in size as a purple aura surrounded him; the God of Darkness showed himself.
"Hello, Saint."
"Hello, Tamish." You bow your head, showing a sign of respect to the God, "I thought that Roshan didn't like you to come to see me?"

"I made an arrangement." You stayed quiet with the smile still resting on your face, "I'm sorry for what happened."
"You have nothing to apologize for."
"I should have taken you back." Tamish walks towards you, lifting your head up, "You wouldn't have known this was going to happen."
"Why not come back?" This caught you off guard, and you questioned, "Back?"
"Brother and I both agreed; after all, you were always the one to balance our world." A sphinx lays next to you.

"I can't." You placed your hands on the sides of Sphinx's face. "I was given a task by you and Roshan. I tend to finish it, even if Ozma doesn't."
"Remember, the door is always open; if anything happens to you, the Grimm will find you and take you back." You nod, "I understand."
"You should get rest; your creations are also here; try to get your people to a safe place."
"The Apathy?"
"They recognize their mother, and they will do what it takes to protect you."