Rememberance

Vol. 4 Chapter 2

Weiss walks down a long, carpeted hallway of blue, white, and gray. Protruding columns from the walls are decorated with black sconces and lit candles. Next, she walks along an upper-level balcony above a large dining hall. Every column both above and below bears a sconce, but these candles are not lit. Beside Weiss on the balcony are large arch-shaped openings with white gauze curtains. Through one of the curtains, a crystal chandelier can be seen in another room. There is a shut, brown wooden door in the direction Weiss is heading.

Weiss walks down a broad stairway with curving balconies on either side above it. Giant armor statues fill the space on either side of the bottom stairs. Behind Weiss, a paned triptych of arched windows lets in the sun, casting her shadow onto the blue-carpeted steps in front of her. The floor at the bottom of the stairs has a blue and white oval design in its center. Both levels have open archways leading to other rooms, Weiss strides pass a life-size statue of a King Taijitu without looking up. Once again, both the lower level and the balcony level have open archways and unlit sconces. A chandelier hangs from the ceiling.

From a music room, Weiss walks down another hallway. In the music room is a large grand piano with open sheet music. A portrait on the wall shows Whitley Schnee. Weiss remembers you came there, you were standing in front of the piano, your left hand on the keys as the other hand resting on your side. She would recognize your face since you were a regular at her recitals since you knew Ironwood and Winter it was soon when you met Weiss, you brought her attention about the world around her telling her stories of your missions.

Weiss walks alone in the hallway, lost in thought until she has a startling reaction to hearing her brother's voice coming from right in front of her. "Good afternoon, sister." Her brother, Whitley, stands before her. He's got his hand on his chest, and he affects a bow, "A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change."

Weiss sidesteps him and turns to speak, and since he moves to face her, the effect is that of the two of them briefly circling each other. "Hello, Whitley. You're in a cheery mood today."

"Klein made crepes for breakfast." He clasps his hands behind his back and smirks at her.
"What do you want?"
"I heard Father shouting with someone in his study earlier."

"Mother?"
"No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man."

Weiss looks up at him on this, "I just wanted to warn you. I heard he had asked to speak with you."

"I'll be fine."
"I know you will. You are strong, like Winter."
"You never liked Winter."

Behind Weiss, the Schnee Dust Company emblem can be seen above the archway she was walking toward. "True, but you can't deny her resolve."
"You... seem different."

"And you've been gone. I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon with Miss (Y/n), shame I couldn't have gone."

Whitley turns and walks away. "Anyway, good luck with Father!"

After he is gone, Weiss responds, "Thank you."

Weiss stands outside her father's door and listening to the discussion inside. She hesitates to put her hand on the doorknob.

"I'm not talking about the good of my company; I'm talking about the good of Atlas, our entire Kingdom!" Jacques shouts at James.

"That is a load of garbage, and you know it."

Weiss opens the door and peers in.

"I beg your pardon?!"

James, sitting in a chair in front of a bookcase, "Jacques, will you please, just hear me out?"