Unfornseen Complications

Vol 5 Chapter 3

Oscar is now sitting on a red armchair, nervously looking at the members of Team RNJR as they fawn over him, "Did he age backwards?"
"He's possessed!"
"Or reincarnated!"
"Oh! Isn't it weird?"

"It is very weird, yes."

You walk from the kitchen, holding a tray of a few mugs handing one to Oscar and the other to Qrow, who was still laying down on the sofa. "Give Oscar some space; everything will be explained."

Team RNJR all step back together and nervously chuckle, "Thanks." Oscar looks at you, as you make Qrow sit up for his mug.

Ruby and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's, while Jaune and Ren remain standing. You hand them each a mug, which they thank you.

Oscar then shares a brief look with you, causing Oscar to blush, "Ah, sorry!" He briefly looks away, "It's just I've never thought I would meet the girl from the dreams."
You smile at Oscar, "You've dreamt of me?"
Oscar's blush became more noticeable, "Not in a weird way, they were memories."

Oscar smiles before he hears Qrow clear his throat, "Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?"

"Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here."

The members of Team RNJR look at him in confusion. Oscar then lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing, and he smiles. When he speaks, they all hear a familiar voice overlapping with a bunch of other voices, including Oscar's, "It is so very good to see you again, students."

All of Team RNJR share brief looks of confusion, "Wait, what just happened?" Jaune turns to Ren then back at Oscar, "Professor... Ozpin?"

"Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak."
'Just don't make us do anything embarrassing...' Oscar's voice echoed in his head. "I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing."

"And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!" Nora waves her hands around.

Ozpin chuckles, "It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor. I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry." He frowns at his last sentence."
"I mean, it's not your fault."

"It's all my fault. I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. Saint knows of my mistakes, which I am thankful for having someone to be by my side. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved."

"So who... what... are you?" Jaune questions.

"I am the combination of countless men who've spent their lives trying to protect the people of Remnant. With every rebirth, my soul is eventually merged with another, and I am changed, but my memories stay with me. This curse was bestowed upon me by the gods because I failed to stop Salem in the past. But we must stop her now."
"And how do we do that?"

"We start... by ensuring the safety of the Relic of Knowledge."
"This is perfect! We were stuck at a dead end, but now, we can just take little cute boy Ozpin to Lionheart and have him set things straight!" Nora shouts.

"Please don't call me that." Ozpin states as you giggle, "It has a nice tone to it."

"We're not sure that's the best idea." Nora pouts and groans and goes back to sit down next to Ruby and Ren, "But I thought the headmasters all took their orders from you."