Welcome To Haven

"The City of Mistral..."
"Ugh! It's about time!"

Qrow and Team RNJR are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns with you not far behind.
"Whose idea was it to walk again?"
"Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships destroyed settlements..."
"Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us."

"Pfft, we were fine." Ruby looks at Qrow with a smile, "Only one of us almost died." You giggle at her comment, as Qrow looks at both you and Ruby, smiling back, "Hey."

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Ren, "Hey." Nora giggles in response.

"So, how much farther to Haven Academy?"

"Almost there. But I figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route."

The group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe, "Wow!"

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains, "This... is... awesome!"

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking, and buying merchandise legally and illegally, "It's certainly something."

Ruby taking notice a kiosk selling weapons, "Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!"
"Vendors here sell you just about anything... whether they should or not."

"They really made the most out of these mountains."

"Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets."
"And we are going up!" Nora shouts, pointing upward; everyone laughs at her.

An Atlesian cargo airship flies over an enormous lake, "So, how much farther?"

"We're in the home stretch now." In the pilot's box of the ship, Weiss stands in the back, leaning against a wall with her arms crossed, "No more stops from here to Mistral. Sorry for the long trip. Keeping us off the radar's been harder than I thought. Lots of air traffic around northern Anima."
"It's fine. I... just hope I haven't been a burden."
"You and your money are more than welcome on this ship, kid."

The ship's radio suddenly picks up a transmission, "What the...?"

He reaches over and adjusts a slider, evening out the wavelengths on the screen, "Is everything okay?"

"I don't know. We're still over Lake Matsu. Shouldn't be picking up broadcasts this far from Mistral. Someone must be close."

A female Mistral pilot begins speaking over the radio in a panic. Hearing this, Weiss stands up straight and listens carefully, "Mayday, mayday! We are a small passenger flight, and our Huntress is down! We aren't equipped to deal with this!"

"Oh, man."
"The Grimm hit us 400 klicks north of the southern shoreline!"

Weiss' eyes widen as the sound of an explosion, and the Mistral Pilot gasping can be heard, "Get them off us! If anyone can hear this-- Ah!"

Weiss' expression grows even more concerned as the Mistral Pilot cries out, and the transmission abruptly ends. The Atlas pilot turns off his radio and turns the ship. Weiss walks over to him and grabs onto a handle in the ceiling, "We're going to help them, right?"
"What? No. I'm trying to avoid them."
"But... they'll die."

"Look, if we picked up their transmission, I'm sure someone else did, too. Besides, this is a cargo ship. She's not much good in a fight. I just wanna finish this job and get home. Sorry, kid. My ship, my rules."