Taking Control

Vol 4 Chapter 11

Cinder is in a large, empty room. Behind her is a darkened arched hallway. Suneel behind her leaning on the wall with a bored look on his face as he held a few black chess pieces, a pawn, a queen, and a king. On either side of the arch, the walls of the room have a low ledge the bears several burning white candles. Four Beowolves approach Cinder, moving in a semicircle formation. Cinder swings her left arm at them, sending another slash of fire. It cuts through the middle of all four Grimm, and they disintegrate away.

Cinder pants again, still upright yet taking a breather. She does not get long, as heavy footsteps approach from her left. She gasps and looks in their direction — a Beringel leaps into the air, ready to deliver a blow to her with its fist. Cinder, however, pulls back her right arm and pushes a ball of flame right at it. It, too, disintegrates. As its body disappears, Cinder falls to her knees, breathing heavily, "You're disappointing me, Cinder. You seem to compare yourself to my (Y/n), yet you are nowhere near what she is at her minimum." Cinder tunes and glares at Suneel on the palm of his hand he held the pawn piece and set it ablaze, "If she were able too, she would have been the fall maiden or all of them, Salem would be very pleased if that were the case. It's no wonder the gods chose her as their Saint, perfect in every way." Suneel had a light blush on his face, "Once (Y/n) returns to her original state; there won't be a need for any of us, Saint a holy name yet she was the one who was favored by the God of Darkness." Suneel stares at the queen piece.

"Enough." Salem walks forward while Cinder continues to struggle for normal breathing, "I thought you were the girl who wanted power. Did you lie to me?" Cinder winces on the force of Salem's question before looking upward. Turning to face Salem, Cinder shakes her head negatively, "Then stop holding back. If you wish to master your new powers, you must-" Salem is cut off by the sound of heavy doors opening. On the opposite end of the stone hall, a sobbing Tyrian enters. He falls to his knees once in the room, both hands flat on the floor, and his head bowed. "I'm sorry." Tyrian raises his hand to his chin, "She'll forgive me. Pleeeease." Suneel stood up correctly, "Well, our maniac is back."
"Forgive me..."
"Tyrian!" She stands before him. He raises his body but remains sitting on his legs while Cinder rises from the stone floor behind Salem. Salem holds out her arm, imperially, "Your task - were you successful?"

Tyrian bows his head, "N-no."
Suneel stepped forward, "You failed? How did you fail? One girl that is what we expected and you-" Suneel takes notice of Tyrian's cut tail. "A clean-cut? (Y/n) did this to you looks the same when Cinder had her arm cut off." Cinder's eye widens. Salem also looks surprised for a moment before narrowing her eyes and walking away. Cinder watches their leader for her further reaction without looking at Tyrian. Now begging and turning his body to remain facing Salem, "But-but hope is not lost! My tail, my stinger... I-I poisoned him, Qrow! He will not be a nuisance to you any longer, no... no longer! I've done that... have I done well? Have I pleased you?"

"The last eye is blinded... you disappoint me. Come along now, Suneel; it seems that your beloved is still a problem." Salem leaves, as Suneel smirked as Tyrian falls forward, wailing. Beowolf approaches, all focused on Tyrian's negative emotions. It ignores Cinder and leaps upon him. Tyrian sends it away with a single blow, and it lands on its back. Still wailing, Tyrian opens his weapons and leaps atop the Beowolf. He slashes at it repeatedly, tears streaming down his face. His wails gradually turn into laughter as he vents his grief into the butchering of the Grimm. Cinder watches horrified.

Outside of her home on Patch, Yang spray paints her robotic arm and half of Ember Celica bright yellow. She goes into a tool shed and takes the tarp that had been covering her motorcycle, Bumblebee, off, "I don't remember saying that you were ready."

He is leaning against the frame of the open shed door, arms crossed. Yang spoke without turning around, "Oh yeah? You're gonna try and stop me?"

"No. I think I'm still too sore after our last fight. I just wanted a better goodbye than a letter. And I also have a question for you." Yang turns around.