waking her up for cuddles - Brooke Hyland

You stared at the digital clock sat on the bedside table, 2:00am it read in blaring red numerals. You had gone up to bed at around 11:30 which meant you'd been lay there aimlessly for almost 3 hours now. There wasn't even a particular reason as to why you couldn't fall asleep, nothing on your mind worrying you and you were perfectly comfortable. But for some reason, you couldn't drop off. Tossing and turning, you opted to lie on your back for a while to see if it would aid you in sleep. It didn't. You just ended up staring at the ceiling for 10 minutes.

Rolling onto your side, you watched as your girlfriend, Brooke, slept soundly next to you. Her steady rhythmic breaths were a soothing sound to you, it reassured you that she was safe  and that was what mattered most to you. You couldn't help but think she looked so adorable wrapped up in the covers of your shared bed, her dark hair sprawled over the pillows and her perfect lips slightly parted. She looked so cuddly. In that moment, you wanted nothing more but to be snuggled up in Brooke's arms feeling protected and loved. Part of you didn't have the heart to wake her, you knew how hard she worked and she deserved some rest. However, you needed her so desperately you couldn't help it.

You debated in your head for a few more minutes whether to wake her but you knew that what you wanted most was a cuddle from your Brookie. Gently, you tapped her arm in attempt to wake her from her slumber. "Brooke." You whispered, you were so close to her at this point, your breath fanned over her face causing her eyes to flicker open slowly and sleepily. She let out a sleepy yawn and looked around your dark bedroom before realising that you'd woken her up. "Baby what time is it?" She asked. You stared at her guiltily noticing how tired she was. "around two." You mumbled in response.

"Did you wake me?" She asked placing her hand on your arm. "What's wrong?" She looked concerned, now fully awake. "I couldn't sleep." You told her sheepishly. Brooke furrowed her eyebrows and leant on her elbow to prop herself up. "Baby you should have woken me sooner, what's on your mind?" She asked. You shook your head. "I didn't wanna disturb you. There's nothing wrong or anything, I just can't sleep." Brooke smiled at you, running her fingers up your arm affectionately. "My sweet girl it doesn't matter about that, if you need me then I'm here no matter if I was sleeping or not." She said.

"Is there anything I can do to help, I can get you some water perhaps?" She enquired, moving to stroke your slightly messy hair. You felt your cheeks blush although she wouldn't be able to see from the darkness of the room. "Can you just... cuddle me? I just want to feel you close to me." You admitted. Brooke smiled. "Why didn't you just ask? You know I'd never turn down cuddles with my girl." She said, laying back down as you shuffled across the sheets to rest your head on her chest. Brooke snaked her arms around your back and entangled your legs together.

Finally you were able to relax in her arms, feeling her heart beat steadily against yours just made you all the more comfier. You felt Brooke place a kiss on your forehead as she held you. "I love you so much baby." She whispered into the silence making your heart swell. "I love you too." You mumbled sleepily, finally able to let sleep take over you with Brooke's arms around you. It was moments like this that made you love her more and more and you know that she felt the same way.