stargazing - Paige Hyland

"Isn't it just so beautiful?" You asked as you stared up at the large, majestic blanket of stars that twinkled in the darkness of the night's sky. Paige just hummed, playing with your fingers as you rested you head on her shoulder. "Think about how far away they are, yet we can still see them. They must be huge Paige." You told her excitedly. Paige thought it was adorable to watch you get excited about something and since you were so interested in space, she took you on a short drive to a nearby field and suggested you do some stargazing together.

"I doubt that they're bigger than my love for you." She said kissing you on the cheek. You laughed at her. "Don't be silly babe, these stars are so you you can't even picture their size." You told her. Paige laced her fingers with yours to hold your hand. "I'm willing to bet that I love you more than the amount of stars in the entire universe." She said causing you to sit up so you could see her face. She was smirking at you adorably, still lay on her back with her hands on her slim tummy.

"There's around two hundred billion trillion stars in the universe Paige, the number is so big that it's hard to imagine." You said, Paige sat up and cupped your cheek with her hand, rubbing her thumb across your lip's delicately. "Oh yeah? Well what if I told you that I loved you more than two hundred billion trillion? What if I told you my love for you was endless, worth more than the entire universe put together?" She said, inches away from your lips, you could feel her heavy breathing tickling your face gently as she rested her forehead against yours.

"Scientists say that the universe is always expanding." You whispered softly into the darkness. Paige smiled. "Just like my love for you, always growing more and more every day." She said as she finally closed the gap between the two of you and connected her lips with yours. She lifted you onto her lap so you could feel the closeness and slid her arms across your back, your hearts beating in unison as if it were just the two of you in the entire universe. you continued to kiss under the stars, you tangling your fingers in her long honey coloured hair.

Once she finally pulled away, she placed one final peck to your lips and smiled. "I love you, my princess." She said cuddling you close to her like she never wanted to let go. "I love you too." You replied jumping off of her lap and getting to your feet. "It's late, we should really get home." You suggested. Paige nodded and took your hand into her own, strolling alongside you back to the car. This evening she'd proved you wrong, there was something bigger than the universe and that was the love you shared with her, a love that you knew would last forever. Just you and Paige till the end of time.