dancing in the rain - Paige Hyland

You and Paige had gone on a short walk together, wanting to get some fresh air and spend some time with nature. You didn't plan to be out too long, just about twenty minutes at the park, strolling hand in hand and enjoying each others company. The day had started out as being mildly sunny but by now there were a few grey clouds cluttering the sky. Not that the two of you minded, you were just happy to be with each other.

Just as you were approaching your home, you felt a slight drop of rain on your forehead. You didn't think anything of it because it was just a small drop but soon you began to feel many sprinkling down onto you and Paige. "Quick Princess, we're gonna get all cold and wet." She said trying to hurry down the street towards your house. You paused though, letting the rain cascade onto you like a waterfall. By now your hair was soaked from the heavy downpour, as was Paige's. "Baby what's wrong?" She asked gripping onto your hand tightly, she almost had to yell over the sound of the rain pitter-pattering on the pavement.

"There's something I've always wanted to do." You told her shyly. Paige stepped closer to you curiously. "What is it?" She asked. You bit your lip, dragging her into the middle of the street. "Please can you dance with me?" You requested. Paige just smiled and nodded pulling you close to her. She held you tightly as you danced together to the rhythm of the rainfall crashing to the ground steadily. She spun you around a few times, your shoes were now soggy from the puddles of water on the floor.

After a few more moments, Paige cupped your slippery cheek with her wet hands and connected your lips together. Your arms instinctively looped around her neck, holding her close and not wanting the moment to end despite how cold you were getting. The rain was still hammering down on you both but you did not let it disturb your moment. Paige broke the kiss when she felt you shiver against her and gently tucked your wet hair behind your ear. "We should go inside and get all cozy. I don't want my Princess to catch a cold." She told you with a smile.

You nodded in agreement, stealing one more kiss from her lips before you walked up to your doorstep, hands still interlocked. Once you were inside, You took off your wet clothes and Paige insisted you sit by the fire with some blankets while she dried your hair for you. Despite you protesting that she should take care of herself, Paige ignored you and simply put on a cozy sweater before taking care of you. You couldn't have been more grateful for her love and support, craving that the feeling of her hands running through your semi dried hair would never end.

Once you both were warm and dry again, you practically dived on top of her so she could hold you in her arms whilst you cuddled by the fireplace. Paige decided on making hot cocoa for the two of you so you could spend the rest of the day all snug and warm together. "I love you Paigey." You told her as she handed you a warm mug and got back under the blanket next to you. Paige placed a kiss on your forehead. "I love you too my Princess." She replied. You couldn't help but smile as you sipped the sweet chocolate drink she had prepared for you as a loving gesture. It filled your body with warmth to know that she cared about you. And you knew that wasn't changing anytime soon.