she asks you out on a date - Brooke Hyland

You were currently almost a year into getting your degree in marketing at Ohio university. They had been a tough few months but it was all to work towards your dream job in product management. All in all though, it had been a positive experience. You enjoyed gaining new information and working on some of the projects and you'd managed to make a few friends who were fun to spend the weekends with.

This particular day you had a lecture to attend in the morning so you stopped by to get coffee and arrived fairly early since you hated being late. You liked to sit alone usually during lectures since you didn't want to get distracted so you just set up your things and waited for the lecturer to arrive. After a few minutes, a lot more people be an to filter in, filling the surrounding seats. You didn't really pay much attention to them since you were busy preparing for today's class but then you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You looked up to see Brooke Hyland, a girl who was in pretty much all of your lectures. Brooke was super popular amongst students at the college since she was really social and loved to party on the weekends but she was also really smart and got the best grades on every assignment. Not only this but Brooke had appeared on the famous reality TV series Dance Moms when she was younger so pretty much everyone wanted to either date her or be her friend.

You were curious as to why she'd approached you since the two of you had never spoken before. She was smiling sweetly at you with her purse hung over her shoulder and her laptop under her arm. "Hey, it's Y/N right?" She asked. You nodded, trying not to look shocked that she knew your name. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked again gesturing to the empty seat next to you. "No go ahead." You told her as Brooke placed her laptop beside yours. The two of you sat in silence as the lecture started.

You caught yourself looking at her a few times, drifting into your own thoughts as to why the most popular girl at college wanted to sit with you. A few times as you pondered though, she would look back at you, your eyes locking for a brief moment making your cheeks redden. There was no denying that Brooke was beautiful and her mesmerising blue eyes were most definitely her best feature. Brooke would just smile every time as you turned to look away awkwardly.

You walked out of the lecture feeling confused by what had just happened, hurrying towards the parking lot to get in your car when you heard someone calling your name. "Y/N!" You turned around to see that Brooke had followed you towards your car. "Hey again." She said finally reaching you. "Hi Brooke." You nervously replied. There was a moment of pause between the two of you. "I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed sitting with you today." She said with a smile. You blushed at her words, fiddling with your car keys. "Ummm thanks, I liked sitting with you too." You said.

"That's why I wanted to ask you, would you maybe wanna go out sometime? With me?" Your mouth fell open slightly at her question. "You mean... like a-." You began before she cut you off. "A date? Yeah if you want to. I've been wanting to ask you for a while now but I never really found the right time." You didn't even have to think about your response. "I'd love to go on a date with you Brooke." You said with a grin. Brooke seemed a lot more relaxed now that you'd given her an answer. "Are you free Friday afternoon? Maybe we could just go get coffee together and take a walk?" She suggested and you nodded. "That sounds like a great idea." You told her, by now your heart was racing.

"Okay then, I'll pick you up at around twelve then." She said leaning closer to you and placing a kiss on your cheek. "See you later." She said, walking back towards where she had parked her car leaving you in a state of shock. You reached up to touch your warm cheek where she had kissed you, gracing your fingertips over the skin as if to mimic her gentleness of her lips. "Bye." You mumbled to yourself even though Brooke was now out of sight, getting into your car and giggling excitedly, you couldn't wait for Friday, little did you know it would be the first of many dates to come.