she holds your hand for the first time - Paige Hyland

The relationship between you and Paige had changed so much over the past month or so. You'd been friends for a while having met her at college a few years back and becoming close with her rather quickly. Over time however, you found yourself developing feelings for her which ended up getting deeper and deeper the more you spent time with her which was quite often since you always wen your with her on the weekends. Little did you know though, that Paige felt the same way and eventually decided to tell you how she was feeling.

The two of you remained friends for a while but acknowledged the fact that you both liked each other a lot. That was until Paige asked if you'd like to go on a date with her to test the waters of what a potential relationship with her might look like. Both of you were a little worried that it would be too hard to transition from being just friends into something more serious but you were willing to give it a try since you liked each other so much.

The first date didn't really feel too much like a date. She'd taken you out to get coffee which was something you'd do anyway, often when you had projects to work on and assignments to hand in only this time it was just you and her talking without laptops and without assignments. Just you and her. It still felt far too friendly though like you were struggling to cross that boundary. Paige was particularly worried about pushing you too far too soon not wanting to scare you away. While you were worried about Paige not actually liking you as much as you liked her since things weren't moving as quickly as you wanted them too.

You decided to try again and Paige asked you to go see a movie with her. Of course you agreed, wanting this to work out between the two of you more than anything. You'd been to the movies with her before as part of a group of friends but never alone. Therefore it was a new environment for the both of you. She payed for your ticket and bought you some popcorn and candy before you took your seat with her on the comfy recliner seats. You talked for a while before the movie started about the last time you had come to the movies with your friends before becoming engrossed in the movie.

About halfway into the movie, you noticed Paige looking at you rather than the large screen in front of you, you smiled at her, she looked really pretty today. The faint light from the movie lighting up her face, she had her hair clipped back so you could fully admire her beautiful facial features, especially her eyes that were shimmering like the sun hitting the ocean waves. Paige wasn't really paying attention to the movie, she was too busy thinking of a way that she could break down the walls of friendship that was blocking you from developing into something more.

She cautiously placed her hand beside yours on the armrest of the chair, her pinkie finger just barely touching yours to the point you didn't even really notice. It was only when Paige started to gently stroke it against yours you you looked up. This time she was looking towards the movie rather than at you, she looked a little nervous as her chest began rise and falling a little more rapidly. She linked her pinkie with yours assuming that since you hadn't brushed her off, that you were okay with the slight contact.

As time went on, she slowly covered you hand with her own, rubbing her thumb across your skin gently. Her touch made your heart swoon, this was the first time that it felt like you two were more than friends, she really was holding your hand for the first time. Wanting to feel her even closer, you shirked her hand off of yours, Paige getting the wrong idea and looking slightly hurt. That was until you intertwined your fingers with hers tightly, resting your joined hands on the armrest. Paige couldn't help but smile at you. "Is this okay?" She asked leaning to whisper into your ear. You nodded before placing your head on her shoulder where it remained for the rest of the movie.

Once it had finished, you walked out together hand in hand where she took you too her car to drive you back to your apartment. You talked about your thoughts on the movie until you were inside her car, pulling out of the parking lot. "I had fun today." She said softly with a smile on her face. You nodded. "me too."              "You know I feel like this was a turning point for us, I really want this to work out Y/N." She added. You were ecstatic in that moment. This was all you wanted to hear. "I want it to work out too. I really like you Paige." You told her shyly.

Paige giggled as she came up to a red light. "I really like you too." When you had finally arrived at your apartment, Paige made a point to walk you inside. "How about you let me take you out for dinner one of the nights?" She asked playing with your fingers absentmindedly. You beamed. "I'd love too." You replied making Paige smile too. "Well, I'll text you." She said before leaning in to kiss you on the cheek. "See you later Y/N." She said letting go of your hand. "Bye." You waved back before heading up to your apartment with a giddy smile on you face, hoping your next date with Paige would roll around sooner rather than later.