you're sick - Paige Hyland

"How are you feeling my sweet?" Paige asked as she entered the room carrying a fresh bottle of water and a thermometer. You had fallen ill in the early hours of this morning and had spent most of the day throwing up and laying in bed. "Not great." You replied to her as she sat beside you on the bed. Paige stroked your messy hair gently feeling terrible that there wasn't anything she could do to making it go away.

"I know Princess, it's horrible but it'll all be over soon. And once it is, we can have a date night wherever you want, just me and you." She promised. A small smile fell across your lips at the thought. Your favourite dates with Paige are always at the bowling alley and the arcade in the city so you were looking forward to it once you were better. "I feel sick, Paige." You told her turning over onto your side. "Believe me, if I could swap places with you, I would my love." She said.

"Can I take your temperature? I just wanna check how your doing." Paige said. You nodded and she put the thermometer in your mouth, holding your hand as she waited for a result. "You definitely have a fever." She said as she looked at the result. You groaned in discomfort, Paige still holding your hand but now she was offering a bottle of water to you. You shook your head, knowing that if you drank it you'd only end up throwing it up.

"Princess you have to drink something." Paige urged, trying to reason with you but still you refused. "Come on my love, please." She said. You finally gave in and took a sip despite the pain in your stomach. "Is there anything I can get you?" Paige asked lovingly. You shook your head as she leaned forward to place a kiss on your forehead. "I've gotta go sort something out for work really quick but as soon as it's done, I'll be back." Paige said with a small smile. "Okay." You replied as Paige left the room.

"Let me know if you need anything." She called out to you. You lay back against the pillows thinking that Paige wouldn't be any longer than ten minutes but it felt like forever. Tossing and turning, you couldn't get comfortable in any position no matter how hard you tried. Your stomach was aching and you felt like you were about to throw up. Though you felt weak, you staggered towards the bathroom and threw up into the toilet, sweat coating your brow yet you shivered from your fever.

You heard Paige running up the stairs at the sound of you being sick and instantly crouched down beside you. "I'm here Princess, I'm not going anywhere." Paige said, rubbing your back gently. Once you were done, you collapsed into her, wiping you mouth. "I'm sorry." You sobbed from the pain and embarrassment. "This is so embarrassing for you to see me like this." Paige shook her head, pulling you closer and stroking your hair. "You don't have to be sorry nor embarrassed my love, everyone gets sick. I just want to make sure you're okay." Paige said, placing kisses on your head.

"Let me help you get back to bed." Paige said, helping you to your feet and back into bed. Once she had tucked you in, she got in beside you and put her arms around you. "I don't want you to get sick too." You whispered as she encouraged you to rest your head on her chest. Paige shook her head. "That's not important, all I care about is being with my girl." She said, placing a kiss on your head. "I love you." You mumbled before falling asleep on her. "I love you too my Princess. Get well soon." She spoke softly, stroking your arms comfortingly and holding you tightly and you knew she wasn't going anywhere